A problem.

I invited Chandler in and we sat down on the couch. As soon as we got in he burst into tears. Sobbing all over my shoulder, I stroked his silky hair and comforted him until he was ready to speak. Eventually he stopped crying and apologized, heading for the door. I slammed the door shut just as he opened it. Tell me everything I said, as softly but demanding as possible. You don't get away from me that easily I said, comfortingly.

Chandler slumped down on the couch and burst back into tears.

"It's all my fault." He sobbed. It's all my fault!"

"What's all your fault?" I asked, softly. "What's wrong? You know you can speak to me."

"I....I...It......*massive sniff* wa.....was suppo.....supposed to be a......a.....su..su....surprise,"

"What was? Chandler, what happened?"  (This was no time for nicknames) "Okay, once you calm down, tell me everything," "I'll go get you a drink..."

"NO! Don't leave me!" Chandler said, going into a panic state.

I quickly sat back down. "Shhhhh...don't worry, I'm here, everything is fine." I whispered.

I found myself stroking Chandler's soft hair once again, his head laying on my shoulder, we sat like this for several minutes. It was comfy, sometimes I wish it was like this all the time. I mean not Chandler being upset, but us being together. In each others arms.

"Your audition!" Chandler recalled, scaring me slightly.

"It doesn't matter that much..." I replied, slightly disappointed. But this was much more important, the state that Chandler's in was not a good state to leave. "So you ready to tell me what happened?" I asked.

"Yeah...." He replied. "But your audition, it.. it would change your life. You need to go to it!"

"Friends are more important, sorry, I mean best friends are more important," "So tell me everything."

"Well...well..they...they just came out of nowhere, I couldn't stop them...I couldn't! You believe me don't you!"

"Yes, of course I believe you."

"They just pounced, like tigers....."

"Who, who Chandler?!"

"T...the..."

*THUMP*  Chandler had passed out.....