A Thousand Times Goodnight

A/N: 

Hey everyone! This isn't a poem, but it is a diary entry that Juliet Capulet from Romeo and Juliet supossedly wrote. I had to do it for school, but it turned out to be pretty nice so I decided I would post it up for you guys to see. Tell me what you think about it! VOTE COMMENT FAN

-colourfulsprinkles xxx

Dearest Diary,

            All it took for me to fall under Romeo Montague’s spell was a mere glance, a feather light touch, and an earth shattering kiss. One look into his wondrous eyes and I was lost, lost in this forbidden euphoria. It is ironic how my only love sprung from my only hate. His eyes were captivating as we snuck glances at each other in the party. But Romeo’s eyes held more than just beauty. They held an emotion unknown to me. Was it love? Or maybe it was lust? But perhaps it was awe, the very emotion my eyes held when I first saw Romeo. I could not believe only hours ago I was talking to mother and Nurse about Paris. I told mother that I will look to like if looking like move. And with Romeo, looking liking most definitely moved.

One look from Romeo sent my heart thundering in my chest. As his melodious voice flowed out his mouth, I could not help but to stare at his lips. And it was at that moment when he grabbed my hands. I’m sure he must’ve noticed how much my palms had been sweating due to his very presence, but being a gentleman he decided to not utter a word about it. Instead he said to me, “My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand; to smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss.” And as my breath caught in my throat his delectable lips landed upon mine. The feeling was foreign to me, as it was my first kiss, but it felt heavenly. My stomach clenched in pure delight and I almost felt like I could conquer great heights. I couldn’t help but to notice that Romeo kissed by the book, and I told him so. Somewhere within my mind, I knew what I was doing was wrong, but nothing mattered except for Romeo and his wicked lips.

The great ball ended as quickly as it began, and I couldn’t have been more mournful that Romeo had to leave. Late at night, I came out on my balcony. Although I knew Romeo was unlikely to be here, I called, “Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo?” And then not long after, he appeared! My Romeo! I was over joyed, yet worried that if my mother or father were to catch us, Romeo would be in great trouble. As we talked and talked and the night got darker, I asked him not to swear by the moon, the inconstant moon. I knew he loved me then, I could tell by his dauntless eyes that gleamed like emeralds in the moonlight. It was getting late and I knew I had to go, so with a heavy heart filled with sorrow, I began to bid him farewell.

“O, wilt thou leave me so unsatisfied?” His spoke breathlessly as he attempted to climb up my balcony without worrying about the great fall he may have if – god forbid – he slipped. Nevertheless, his beautiful words were as beautiful as himself, and I found myself wanting nothing more than to elope with him somewhere far and stay by his side forever. I halted his attempts to climb any further and told him, “If that thy bent of love be honourable, Thy purpose marriage, send me word to-morrow.”  And with that I bid him goodnight, and almost floated back into my room. I was feeling giddy and happier than I have ever felt. When I closed my eyes, all I saw was my Romeo’s face and when all was quiet, all I heard was my Romeo’s sweet, sweet voice. The wait for tomorrow will be the longest, but I know we will get married. I love Romeo and I know I always will, for I cannot imagine myself being without him for even a second. My heart holds no place for anybody else, and it now belongs to Romeo and Romeo only.

A thousand times goodnight,

Juliet Capulet