Chapter 9: Madison

New chapter! I think I started to do terrible near the end of it Dx But it may make you "awe" (: And there MAY be a sequel to this book. I'm not sure yet though x3

===*===

I don’t particularly like sneaking behind James’ back, but I can’t exactly hide my feelings for Kendall and act like I don’t love him, either. Though at the same time, I know somebody will catch our sneaking around and just ruin absolutely everything.

What if that really does happen? What if Kendall and I really do get found out? And are we even fully together? We just kissed that one time and that was it; mostly because James wouldn’t allow me to leave the house, answer any calls, or reply to any text messages. Is that what being grounded is? I think so, but I’m not sure. I’ve always been a goodie-two-shoe who did everything my parents told me to.

But, technically, I’m not breaking any rules. Mom and dad are still gone and out of town while James is supposed to watch me until summer ends. When they come, if they tell me not to see Kendall anymore, I will try my best not to see him. It’s a lot harder to sneak around three—technically four if you count Ali—than it is to sneak around just one older and annoying brother.

The moment I stepped onto the grass of the park, I got a bit hesitant. What was I doing, sneaking around late at night just to meet up with the boy I’ve known practically all my life? It’s just plain stupid now... But knowing others hate it, this little secret of mine for once make me satisfied and encourages me to keep going with it.

“Madison?” I heard his voice ask; just making sure it was me. I knew it was Kendall. His voice is just too noticeable for me. Even if I were to forget everything, I’m sure just his voice will bring back many memories.

“Yeah?” I asked, but soon felt his arms wrap around my waist as he pulled me closer to him. Even if it was already pretty dark out and I couldn’t see him all that great, I would be able to tell it was him, whether he spoke or not.

It was just the way I felt in his arms and his scent. He’s a one of a kind, somebody you wouldn’t be able to forget or not identify within a second.

I looked at him, just getting lost in his perfectly amazing eyes.

It didn’t take long before we were kissing, but it was a lot more passionately and meaningful than the last time. The last and first time was mostly just full of hoping the other one wouldn’t get all mad, upset, or crushed.

But this time I happily let him hold me tightly around my waist as I hugged around his neck. I’m not sure how much time had passed by before he broke the kiss, pulling back slowly, running his hand through my hair. “I love you.” He said to me.

Those three words made my heart skip a beat. Those three words meant everything to me, and I had always dreamt of him saying those three small, but powerful, words to me, and he finally did. After dreaming about it for so many years, it is now here.

Smiling softly, I managed to quietly reply, “I love you, too…” He kissed my forehead gently and slowly, hesitatingly asking,

“Does this mean we’re together?” I thought for a moment, and slowly nodded.

“If you want to be,” I said simply. Hugging me tightly once more, he whispered into my ear,

“Definitely.”