Chapter 5: Kendall

Song will be the Alternate version of "Invisible" and the picture will be of Madison's guitar (:

===*===

Is it wrong to have a crush on your best friend’s sister? I know, I know, it’s a stupid question to ask, but seriously! Madison is just the most perfect girl I have ever seen before, and she is so unique in her own little way. The way she smiles and laughs is simply adorable… must I go on?

I really am in love with James’ sister, but he’s super defensive of her. Matter of fact, because of him the girl has never had a boyfriend before! James just said something before in the past about how he wants the first person she falls in love with to be the last, and for her first kiss to be her last first kiss.

At first, I wanted to call him crazy when he first said that, and I wanted to tell him that there is no way that Madison is going to listen to him with such a rule. Back then, that is when I learned I had the crush on her, and decided not to say that, and this was three years ago.

Yes, ever since she was sixteen and I was nineteen, I have had this crush. Over the years, it has turned into love but I’m not going to admit it to anybody. However, I kind of have a feeling that Sierra is onto the whole thing. She just seemed so confident in saying I wanted to come just to see Madison.

Which, I’m sure you can now tell that isn’t fully the lie? I did need to talk to James, anyway.

Speaking of James, he was in the kitchen with Sierra to grab a few things, and I was alone in the living room with Madison, who was sitting on the couch and focusing down on her guitar as she strummed a few notes, and it didn’t even take me a minute to notice she was teaching herself how to play “Invisible”, but the alternate—or “new”—version.

She sighed as she missed a cord again, grumbling under her breath and adjusted the strings a bit again. Eh, what will it hurt to help her a bit? I moved over to where I sat beside her and said, “Lemme see it,” Maddie looked at me with a questionable look, but handed over the purple acoustic guitar anyway.

I smirked a bit and started to adjust the strings for her and just started to play a bit of the song, up to where Madison was, and then continued playing through, feeling her eyes watching my fingers as they moved to different chords.

Even though she has been playing the guitar for years, she still has a lot left to learn, as do I. But she enjoys doing it just as much as I do, as well as singing. I still wonder if she’ll ever become a famous singer one day. With James being her brother, it shouldn’t be so hard for her to get started. Rushers would love her instantly!

“Do you ever think of, what you're standing at the brink of
Feel like giving up, but you just can't walk away?” I sang out, looking at Madison from the corner of my eyes. She smiled a bit and as I returned the smile, she softly and quietly sang out,

“Night after night, always trying to decide
Are you gonna speak out or get lost in the crowd
Do you take a chance or stay invisible?” I smiled a bit more as she sang; not even noticing James was standing there and listening to us both, as well as watching. Or, he’ll probably call it “supervising” since he’s the oldest one here.

“But I won't let you fall
I'll see you, through them all
And I just wanna let you know….” I sang again, a grin forming now and as I began to sing the chorus, she jumped in onto singing with me. Her voice… I have no words for it. She sings amazingly, softly and gently, but she also has that force behind it that gets your attention. Does that make any sense?  If not, I just mean that she has a calming voice when she sings, but it’s powerful, and she would have no trouble with holding out notes.

I just wonder if she’ll ever understand how I feel, or if I will ever be able to confess to her on how I’ve loved her through all these years. To be honest, I don’t care about the age difference between us, or that it would be illegal if I date her; she would need to be at least eighteen first.

But would I be able to wait a whole year? She just turned seventeen a few weeks ago… And there’s another issue with all of this… I would need James’ approval, not her father’s. And James… James is more protective of her than anybody, not to mention my best friend. And even with that benefit, it doesn’t help any. Oh, no. It just makes things a lot worst and harder.