32. A Rose indeed

32. A Rose indeed

Kaitlyn
"Are you sure you want to do this so soon?" What is he talking about? It's been three months. I needed to show my face sometime. This was the perfect time to do it. People were more forgiving during the holidays. I fixed his tie and ran my hands down the front of his suit. "I think the real problem you're having is that you want me to yourself. You don't want to share me with anyone else."

"You are absolutely right. I especially do not want to share you in that dress." I smiled. He was so possessive.

"This is a Christmas party for your employees, well my employees since you gave the company to me."

"It's more than that and you know it." He was right. I did know that it was more than that. Once Niko had taken over Accosi International, he had changed the name to De Luca International Concept with Kdesignz being the main line and concept. I had thrown a fit at first, but once he'd explained why, I couldn't argue with him. There was no point in using the Accosi name any further. We're getting married. The company is mine. It made sense to change it to De Luca since that's the name I will take. In a way we were making our own history.

There would be a lot of things happening at the Christmas party. The first would be announcing that I am the designer and now the owner of De Luca International Concept. The second would be that Madeline would now be in charge of the New York office. I was confident in her abilities. She'll do a wonderful job. She wasn't meant to be a follower. I'd miss her as my assistant, but she'll still be a friend, a very good one. Of course Taylor would stay in America with her. The last thing we would do is announce our engagement. That might shock some people. My mother still hadn't given her blessing, I doubt she ever will. We'll do it anyway and I'll have the biggest wedding just to piss her off.

"I don't think I want you to go anywhere in that dress."

"What are you talking about?"

"You're practically naked. It's December. Do you know how cold it is outside?"

"That's what coats are for, and you." He pulled me into his arms.

"I would kiss you but I don't want to ruin your lipstick."

"Is that so? It can always be reapplied." I pulled his head down and fastened my lips to his. I couldn't keep my hands or lips off him for long. I had discovered long ago that I have this need to always have some part of my body touching his. He was my addiction. I pulled away.

"Do we have to go to this thing?"

"Are you trying to skip your own party Mr. De Luca?"

"That's exactly what I'm trying to do." I laughed and joined our hands.

"Come on, we're already late, and you did promise me a good time."

"I did."
_________

Being here made me realize one thing. I could survive anything as long as Niko was there with me, which he was. He rarely left me alone. The few times he did his eyes had found me and stayed on me even if he was in a deep discussion with someone.

A hand slipped around my waist while I was having a conversation with Madeline. I knew it was Niko instantly. "It's time for the announcements." He leaned down after hat to whisper something only I could hear. "After the announcements lets get out of here." I smiled. I would go anywhere with him. I turned in his arms. People watched us with interest. I didn't care one bit. Niko was mine. If he wants to pull me into his arms in a room full of people he would damn well do so.

A sudden feeling of being watched came over me. I scanned the room to see if I was actually being watched or if it was just my own paranoia. Since we came to New York at the beginning of the week I've been having this feeling. I shivered just thinking about some weird person out there watching me from some dark corner.