chapter 6: those awkkward car conversations...

~NIALL'S POV~

"I'm sorry" I say. Even though she just said she didn't want to talk about it. I swear, I just can't seem to keep my mouth shut when I need to.

"Why?" she asks quietly, staring out of the window. Watching the leaves rise in a whirl.

"What do you mean?"I look at her confused.

"Why are you sorry, they weren't your parents'" she replies softly as she turns to look at me. I see a strange emotion swimming around in her eyes but she turns away before I can decipher what it.

"It's not like you knew them." she says, her voice has gotten husky and sad, her attention back on the leaves. When you look at them for a while you can't help but feel sad for the leaves. Having something always push you around and never having control.

 Great job niall, you just made a girl cry.

"Well I may not have known them, but I've gotten to know you for the past few hours and i say they did a damn good job raising you." I say smiling, and hoping to lighten the mood.

"Yeah...they were amazing." she replies with a small smile. Dang, what happened to a few minutes ago when we were singing along to the biebs? Oh wait, it's my fault. I sure can ruin a good time.

"jacqui," I start," would you want to hang out with me tomorrow?" I ask, hoping I can show her a good time tomorrow and redeem my idiocy.

"Well....I don't know." I can tell she is biting the inside of her cheek.

"C'mon I'd love for you to meet my mates." I say encouragingly.

Silence

"They are really nice lads, I swear."

She looks into my eyes and a flicker of something appears. Was it hope? Or distrust? I smile reassuringly into her innocent brown eyes. She turns away again, seemingly deep in thought. So I stated fidgeting with a loose thread on my Hollister jeans. I swear America has weird sounding stores.

"Ok," she says weakly and looks into my eyes again. I can tell she didn't really want to but had forced herself to say yes.

"Great", I reply with enthusiasm. Mental face palm: great now she thinks I am some kind of freaky weirdo. I'm not! Well, Most of the time anyway.

"I should go inside" jacqui says and starts to open her door.

"No, wait a second!" I halfway yell at her and see her jump a bit. I'll have to apologize for that later. Unbuckling my seatbelt and opening my door and I leave the car. I can feel jacqui questioning gaze through the windshield, but I keep walking. I walk around the car until I reach her door and open it for her. She looks at me with a clearly surprised face, has no one ever open a door for her? I smile and give her my trade mark wink, hoping she would smile. a smile, kind of small, but a smile nonetheless appeared on her face.

"Thank you," she said while unbuckling her seatbelt and throwing her hair to the side giving me a flash of a tattoo. I'll have to ask about that later.

I walked beside her towards the front door. Skipping over all of the red bricks and I see her look at me from the side. Knowing it will make her laugh I start narrating my movements.

"Niall is doing the impossible. He is defying every law of science. No one has been able to defeat the lava abyss but he is completely dominating it."

"What are you doing?" she asks laughing and watching me. Mission accomplished. She seems a little more like she did before I stuck my foot in my mouth and made her sad.

Trying to finish my last jump I trip on a rock and start falling but i wave my arms trying to reclaim my balance.

"Oh, no! I'm falling. Save me jacqui, saaave meee." I scream, exaggerating a bit at the end. She reaches out and I thought she was going to help me. But two seconds later I was on my back and looking up at the sky. Coming to my senses I realize...she pushed me!! Sitting up I see her doubled over and laughing so hard tears are coming from her eyes. The wind was gently blowing her hair around and I got a second glimpse of the tattoo again. Was it a date?

Picking myself up and wiping the dirt from my hands, I walk over to her and she is still laughing.

"Oh, you think that was clever?" I ask with a devilish smirk.

It takes her another few minutes to stop laughing but then she stands up straight and smirks back.

"Yes, I though you falling on your arse was hilarious," and she starts giggling again and puts her right hand over her mouth.

"Oh really," I reply raising an eyebrow before tackling her into a bush on the side of the walkway. She starts screaming as I tickle her. I know that girls love and hate being tickled. Well, she deserves it.

She squirmed beneath me and I laugh at her giggles.

"Who's laughing now," I yell, taunting her. "Say niall is the best and I should have saved his life before he fell into the lava!"

"Never!" she screams.

Well I guess I should take it up a notch. Tickling her harder she starts rolling under me.

"For Narnia!!" she screams and shoves me to the side until I'm on my back and she is on top.

"HA-HA! In your face Blondie!" she yells in my face and raises her hands in victory.

Just as I am about to reply the front door opens and a woman slightly resembling jacqui steps out, wearing a hot pink sweater and her arms wrapped around her stomach, probably to keep warm.

And Jacquelyn is still on top me, straddling my waist.

AWKWARD....