CHAPTER 17 | men will be boys

📎A/N. Hello dear friends, had some lovely news this weekend, Buried as been selected as Book of the Week by CBY Book Club - http://cbybookclub.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/book-of-week-wattpad_11.html

Thanks for all your wonderful support to date. There has been some 'glitches' lately with Wattpad and trying to post new chapters is a little more difficult. In addition, comments are getting lost and there have been a number of occasions where I am attempting to respond to comments which then error. This means that it is taking a little longer to reply to you all. So - if I don't reply immediately, don't panic I am not ignoring you all.... it's just that WP is causing a few problems which are slowing me down.

Take care and don't forget to vote - even you silent stalker types ;-)

❤ ℳ

P.S. For those of you who have not yet read my other story Masked, you may wish to add it to your library :-)

❧ ⚛ ✺ ≋ ≋ ≋ ≋ ≋ ✺ ⚛ ❧

The disgruntled neighbours had called police three times already that evening, and still no one had turned up to close the party down.

The noise coming from the university freshman's party was out of control. However, none of the neighbours were game enough to physically go over and ask them to turn the music down. They had heard too many horror stories to take the risk.

Louise was sitting on her new boyfriends lap, enjoying his attention when one of her friends raced towards her, panic clearly on her face.

"Shit Lou, Brian's just turned up."

A very drunk freshman shrugged her shoulders. "Who cares?" she hiccuped, "We aren't together anymore and he just needs to get over it."

Turning back to face her new boyfriend she smiled. "Besides, what can he do, I'm with the Captain of the Football Team now." Louise turned back to Taylor, and pulled him in close for a very public kiss.

When she came up for air, she turned and saw an enraged looking ex-boyfriend a short distance away. Hands clenched into fists and eyes narrowed.

Before the stunned, drunk and high onlookers knew what was happening, Brian broke into a run towards Taylor. His fist making contact with the larger boys stomach as they both toppled off the deck and onto the front lawn.

A chant from the crowed erupted as they began singing out; 'fight, fight, fight' at the top of their lungs.

Brian quickly regained his balance and threw himself on Taylor who was in a fetal position from the intense punch inflicted a moment beforehand.

The aggressor threw a quick succession of punches to his victims head, face and chest.

A shrill scream pierced the air, cutting through the chanting as blood poured from the downed party-goers nose and now very split lip.

"He's going to kill him! Get him off."

It took three burly football players in the end to dislodge a much smaller Brian from the almost unconscious Taylor.

As she dropped to her knees to inspect the damage, Louise turned back to her former boyfriend and screamed at him, hate inflected in each syllable. "How could you do this? I told you we are over."

A hush seemed to overtake the crowd as they noticed the barely contained rage that exploded with force across Brian's face.

As he made his way out, the crowd seemed to part naturally as if not wanting to be anywhere within striking distance. Questioning looks were thrown around as they were trying to reconcile this aggressive Brian to the normally docile one they were used to.