-chapter 16-

Ashley's p.o.v

The next day....

I didn't want to eat or sleep.

I wanted to wait so I can be there for him.

"Hey Preston. Ummm I don't know what to say but I want you to stay with me please. Just by some miracle you will be able to stay alive. I need you to be here. I need my rock."

I heard someone come in and I saw Mark.

"What are you doing here?" I asked coldly.

"I went to your house to make sure you were okay but your parents said that you ran away and then they told me about Preston so I thought maybe you were here....and well....you are..soo," he looked so nervous while rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. I looked at his muscles as they flexed.

Focus Ashley.

I looked up at him and he still looked nervous.

I turned towards Preston again and took his hand.

It was still warm so that was a good sign.

I hope.

"What happened?" Mark said sitting on the couch.

"He got into a car accident and he ran into a tree and he didn't have his seat belt on." I said coldly.

It's all your fault.

"He should have had his seat belt on." Mark said bluntly.

I glared at him.

"The reason he didn't have a seat belt on was because he was too busy looking for me since I got kidnapped. IT"S MY FAULT THAT HE IS LIKE THIS! he WAS LOOKING FOR ME BECAUSE MY STUPID PARENTS DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ME AND HE KNEW THAT THEY WOULDN'T LOOK FOR ME!" I feel to the ground in sobs and then I felt Mark pick me up.

I felt tingles ALL over.

He put me on his lap and started cooing in my ear and stroking my hair.

I just kept sobbing into his chest even though I knew that him and me wouldn't work out as mates.

We hated each other.

Ever since I heard about what happened to the mermaid king and queen.

What the vampires did to them.

When I realized that Mark was a vampire my freshman year, I instantly hated him and he hated me back.

IF we ever did talk, we would be arguing.

This needs to stop.

I swiftly got up and got back into the chair by Preston's bed.

Mark was still on the floor and then he quickly got up and went to the couch.

"You and I as mates won't work." I said after a moment of silence.

He glared at me. "So you are rejecting me?"

"Yes." All of a sudden I felt this pain in my chest and I held Preston's hand tighter. Then I felt this flow energy and I blacked out.

Mark's p.o.v

I rushed to the couch and caught Ashley before she fell to the floor. She had passed out but I had no idea why. 

I heard a groan and I looked up and saw a glow coming from Preston.

Then the strangest thing happened.

All his scars were clearing up in the blink of an eye and his skin was starting to grow tanner.