Chapter 26 - Medicine To Heal

Zayn’s P.O.V.

            It was painful to say the least, watching as Niall talked softly to the doctors. I suppose there comes a time in everyone’s life when the figure out their existence was for the better being of someone else. And now, I was starting to realize that maybe this is why I had been born in the first place, to save Niall. It seemed as though I had done a pretty terrible job, considering the circumstances, but Niall was alive, and in time, hopefully, he will be happy again.

            My angel walked over to me, his hand slipping into mine, tears running down his face, as the doctors approached his mother’s figure. All it took was for one of them to grab the plug, and pull.

            Her heart monitor flat lined.

            Niall’s grip on my hand tightened and he fell into my body. I wrapped my arms around him tightly, and took him out of the room, knowing that there was nothing more for us to do, but heal ourselves.

            I put Niall in my car and drove slowly back to our flat, listening to his sobs and cries.

            The next week passed that exact same way.

            I was starting to worry about my angel. He was falling apart. Even though I had taken away all of the monsters, put them all behind bars, I had hurt someone he loved in the process. I wasn’t sure that I had done the right thing. Had this all been worth it?

            “Niall, angel,” I whispered into his hair one morning, “Let’s take a bath, okay?”

            He hadn’t cried all morning, which was a step in the right direction. He nodded and let me pick him up, carrying him to the tub. I undressed him slowly, and them myself, stepping into the warm water. Niall’s body fit against mine perfectly, and I planted kissed over his neck.

            “She’s really gone,” He whispered. I could only nod, and suck a deep red mark into his skin, trying to distract him. “She did that to save us, didn’t she?”

            “Yes, angel,” I breathed, biting Niall’s ear and getting him to moan.

            “Zayn,” He said, pulling back and looking me in the eye, “I love you,”

            And there was something about the way he said it that was unlike any of the times before. It was intense, deliberate, his tone making my heart pound. It sounded like he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me, as though the world could end right then and I would be happy.

            “I love you too,” I said, trying to match his sincerity.

            He leaned forward, pressing his lips to mine, and for the first time in our relationship, his tongue explored my mouth, instead of vice versa. It was the most amazing thing I had ever felt.