Chapter 21 - Don't Come Back

Zayn’s P.O.V.

            The next day Niall and I loaded our furniture into our new flat. It felt really great, really good to be spending quiet alone time with Niall.

            “Are you sure you’re okay with sharing a bed?” I asked, not sure that Niall was ready for that step. Niall simply nodded and bounded into the now blue bedroom, hopping onto the new bed cuddling into the duvet. I chuckled and ran after him, jumping into the bed next to him and then rolling over so he was trapped tightly under my body. Niall moaned, smiling and looking up into my eyes.

            “Zaynie,” He mumbled against my neck, “I love you,”

            “I love you too, Niall,” I said, nuzzling my nose against his, a smile on my face, “How are you feeling today?”

            I had been asking this question more and more frequently. Now that he was relatively safe all the time—finally moving in with Zayn—he had a lot more time to think about what had happened to him, and what could possible happen to his mum. It scared him, and it was easy for me to see that. He was worried. I was afraid that Niall would pull too much into his mind, and then, he would fall into a state of denial or depression. I was also afraid that he needed help, help that I couldn’t give him.

            “Fine, Zaynie,” He said, arching his back as I made a deep red mark on his neck, “Ah, shit,”

            I stopped what I was doing, pulling back and giving Niall and disapproving look. I didn’t think Niall should curse. I didn’t like it.

            “S-S-Sorry,” He stuttered. I simply smirked and then nodded again, leaning forward to continue my work.

            “So, is it official? Are we completely moved in?” I asked, licking up Niall’s neck. He shivered and rolled his body against mine.

            “Yes,” He breathed, “I think so,”

            “Good,” I said. Suddenly, there was a knock on our front door. My face distorted in confusion for a moment, before I hopped up and made my way out of the bedroom. “I’ll be right back, angel,”

            I opened the door, only to find myself face to face with Thomas.

            “Where is he?” Thomas spat, putting his foot in the door before I was able to close it.

            “Not here,” I lied.

            “Really?” He asked, his hand grabbing the door and trying to pry it open. I was thankful that I had all my weight leaning on it.

            “Really,” I said, “Now get the hell away from here and don’t come back, unless you want me to call the cops,”