teh search for morgana

Okay, so I've written this due to a particular reviewer who said it'd be cool if I did a chapter between the two seasons, so this is it :)

Thank you so much to everyone who has, you know, followed me through this time of updating and stuff and followed the adventure of Merlynn and Arthur, because it means a lot to me that you guys care. Everyone who reviewed, favourited, alerted and read the story: I love you guys.

I'm so excited to introduce Season 3 because it's my favourite season. I mean, Morgana's a bitch and Gwaine is there...

Uther's thoughts were consumed with images of Morgana. He was lost without her, he'll admit it. She was his little girl, his ward, his…daughter. He hadn't focused on her during the dragon's attack but, now that it was over, there was nothing to distract him from the fact that Morgana was gone. He sat in his throne, watching as his son and the rest of the court walked through the chamber door. His expression was cool and frozen; panic, however, gleamed in his eyes, revealing his vulnerability to those who truly knew him. Like Gaius.

"You wished to see the court, Father?" Arthur announced. He looked so stoic and regal, professional like a royal should. Uther would be proud to see him king.

Uther nodded. "Yes. Now that the dragon has been rid of, we can focus on what is truly important. Finding Morgana."

He crossed his arms over his chest. "Of course. For how long?"

"As long as it takes," he confirmed. "Search every mountain, river, valley and town until she is found. I want her back, whether alive or…dead."

"Sire, as much as I wish for Morgana's return, don't you think that focusing on Camelot's rebuild is more important?" Gaius, his oldest friend, spoke up.

Uther narrowed his eyes slightly; nothing was more important than Morgana, to him. He ignored the physician. "I want men watching over fields, taking guard and searching through Albion. Arthur, recruit a team of men and head out."

"Yes, Father," Arthur bowed and walked off. Uther watched as his personal servant, Merlynn trailed after him. She was a peculiar being; she had befriended his children, and helped Arthur on every endeavour. He could not deny it, but she was a helpful, useful ally in fighting evil and protecting his son.

oOo

Merlynn went in pace with Arthur as they headed down the corridor, arms crossed over her chest. She could not deny feeling guilty for allowing Morgana to disappear, but it was either her or Camelot.

"I want you to pack, gather a few things, food, supplies, then go to my chambers," his voice was curt, but still remained soft.

"How long do you suppose this will take?" she asked.

Arthur shrugged. "I'm not sure. But, my father will not let us stop until we find Morgana, and neither will I."

"It'll be like finding a pin in a haystack, but I'm with you," Merlynn stated. She wanted Morgana back, but was terrified of having her back. Would Morgana tell Arthur and Uther about her almost killing her? But, she couldn't think of that now. Her mission was clear: Retrieve Morgana.

"Hop to it."

oOo

She was packing her things in her chambers. Merlynn had everything in that little leather bag; she thanked her mother every day for making it for her. Glancing up to her bedside table, she noticed the small dragon figurine her father whittled for her and smiled fondly, taking a seat on the bed with it in her hands.

Merlynn fingered the smooth neck of the dragon. She was proud to call herself the only living dragonlady on Earth, but it was just another secret she had to keep from everyone she cared about – except Gaius. Kissing it, she put it in the pocket of her bag and slid the latch shut.