Excalibur

Alrighty then, enjoy this chapter :) I'm back! My computer has, sadly, not returned to me, but I have found my information to continue writing 'As It Should Be'. So, here it is.

So, I recieved a review from an anonymous reviewer (didn't sign in) who commented on the relationship between Arthur and Merlynn (or lack thereof). But, what my answer is to this reviewer is - 'you honestly cannot expect them to become lovers within the time span presented, considering their relationship is more than just forbidden.'

Sorry, if there's lack of snogging and other acts of the like. However, I'm trying to develop more of their emotional side before I even bring up the physical, like I'm a witch brewing their desire higher to the point of pain.

I promise that the best things come to those who wait. But I've given too much away already. ;P

SO, I apologise for that whole lack of romance.

Disclaimer: Do not own anything but 'Merlynn' - my interpretation of the female wizard with the pointy hat. Although, I do kinda wish I owned Arthur and Gwaine. Mmm.

Two weeks prior to the events of Excalibur:

Arthur had waited for the opportune moment to finally apologise to his servant and he supposed a week was enough for him to be patient. Merlynn had stripped his bed and was now replacing the sheets in awkward, forced silence, for he knew she usually couldn't shut her trap even if she tried.

"Merlynn," he called from his dining chair, dinner sitting in front of him. Her body straightened and she turned her eyes to him, yet they were hesitant and reluctant. Instead of saying anything, he used his fingers to create a come-hither motion.

Her head drooped in utter embarrassment; she was so mortified of her behaviour, but she wasn't sure what to say. 'Oh, I'm sorry for being such a hormonal bird?' However, she said, "Yes, Sire?"

"I, er, apologise for what I said to you a week ago, it was unfair, I'll admit. But do I truly need to explain the reason why I was so angry?" he questioned, hand pressed to his mouth and gently thumbing his lower lip in his usual calm way.

She sighed. "Arthur, do not apologise. My emotions and my reaction were what was out of line, not what you had said. I completely agree and understand with your anger that day, both yours and the Druid boy's safety was at risk because of my lack of timing." Merlynn smiled slightly, relieved. "Am I forgiven?"

"Of course," he said. He found himself glad that she was talking to him again. He had come to miss their banter and the way her smile brightened when it was presented. Glancing at her in what looked like amusement, he stabbed his fork into his beef and chuckled. "Now, you can finish cleaning my chambers and then you'll find no problem in doing the same with my armour and mending my shirts, right?"

Merlynn rolled her eyes. "Yes, Sire."

Two weeks later:

Merlynn was proud of Arthur, she admit that. For the months she had been under his services she had grown to care for the prince, as a friend, a trustworthy accomplice and maybe the tiniest bit more. To know that he was one step further to gaining position to the Kingdom was a delightful feeling.

She laid his royal garb out onto the bed, sorting it in order so she could put it on one layer after the other.

"Merlynn, now that you're done dressing the bed, can you please do the same to me?" Arthur remarked sarcastically from behind her.

Merlynn snorted. "Certainly, Prince Arthur," she returned. As she prepared him for the crowning ceremony, the pride, admiration and respect she held for the man was brewing slowly like a cauldron within her belly. He, she knew, would become a great, merciful king with more compassion that his father would never possess.