The Sins of a Father

Sorry about no chapters lately, been busy with all my assignments and stuff. Anyway! Trek on, shall we?

To jLinsmith89: I'm sure I just neglected to morph 'A Remedy to Cure All Ills' because, back then, I was just too lazy to turn it into a chapter, so I simply forgot about it. Yeah, I know...bad writer. :)

Now, as per to the answers I received from my lovely reviewers, I will be introducing more Morgana/Merlynn scenes, and maybe some more Gwen/Merlynn scenes, but I find that involving Morgana will make Season 3 a lot harder on their relationship :)

Enjoy!

The Sins of the Father:

Merlynn had never quite understood as to why she was called upon to view these things. She could have been doing something productive; keep Camelot in order, perhaps. But, of course, as Prince Arthur's servant, she was required to view the knighting ceremony. It was a magical moment for the new knights and, of course, the army they were going to be brought into, but not for her.

The ceremony was pointless to her, and she wanted to sleep. She sighed pitifully. Gaius, who stood dutifully next to her, slapped her shoulder to keep her at bay. Soon, she would moan and groan in annoyance then disrupt Uther.

"Arise Sir Vidor, Knight of Camelot. Arise Sir Caradoc, Knight of Camelot," Uther announced, doting upon their shoulder with his ceremonial sword. They stood. "You have been accorded a great honour. But with that honour comes great responsibility. From this day forth, you are sworn to live by the knights' code. You have pledged to conduct yourselves with nobility, honour, and respect. Your word is your sacred bond. You will find no one who better embodies these values than my son, Arthur." Arthur looked just as bored as Merlynn felt. "Follow his example, and you will prove yourselves worthy of your title."

The harsh, albeit familiar clang of swords slamming against each other alerted the entire court toward the door. A knight, helmet over their head to disguise their features, burst in, exuding a cool indifference and stoic poise. Merlynn took a deep breath. The newly made knights of Camelot drew their swords out as the knight approached, but Arthur pushed his way in front to defend his rights as Prince.

The knight threw a gauntlet at the prince's feet and, without even a moment's hesitation, he picked it up from the floor.

"I accept your challenge," Arthur announced. He narrowed his eyes at the knight. "If I'm to face you in combat, do me the courtesy of revealing your identity."

It was a woman. The knight had slid the helmet from their heads to reveal a wealth of long, beautiful blonde tresses that tumbled down her back. A pale face with hard eyes of brown stared back into Arthur's blue orbs. Merlynn was surprised at how strong this woman looked, and how much skill she possessed.

"My name is Morgause," she said, her voice deep, yet feminine in a way.

oOo

Once more, Arthur was throwing himself into the arms of danger. Merlynn had been already in his chambers, mending at his armour at his table while he consulted with Uther and Geoffery. When he had returned, she hadn't moved and simply watched as he gave her a look.

It meant he would be fighting regardless of what his father demanded.

"Do you know why this Morgause challenged you?" she brought up, putting the hammer tool away to begin cleaning the metal.

He sighed. "I'm the King's son. Perhaps she believed she will prove herself," he replied.

"Be that as it may, you really don't want to fight her, do you?"