Chapter Fifteen: Merry Christmas

Finally, term ended. Once again the castle was covered in snow. Most people had chosen to go home which left the common room left to be run by Hermione, Harry, the Weasleys and me. We’d been playing games of Exploding Snap and practicing duelling without being bothered by anyone. It was beautiful. Especially since we all slept in until noon or later every single day, this was the life.

Christmas morning had arrived before I could say Christmas morning has arrived.

"Get up!" Hermione said opening the curtains.

I hissed at the light and rolled over, falling off my bed in the process. I was too used to this to complain.

"What time is it?" I yawned.

"Five o’clock." I stared at her wide eyed.

"You woke me up at five?" I choked.

"Yeah, we need to add the final lacewings to the potion," she said as if it was obvious. She probably told me last night ... I never listen.

"Five minutes," I said diving into my trunk to retrieve my clothes. I changed into my clothes, (dark jeggings, a grey top with a cat on it, my sexy boots [which were no longer very sexy considering they’d been in a potion accident and were pretty dead-looking], and a really warm jacket) and Hermione dragged me out of the room.

We went to Myrtle’s bathroom and Hermione kept adding lacewings to the potion while I was nearly falling asleep.

"Good ... that’s what it's meant to do ... I hope it doesn't kill us ..." Hermione mumbled while stirring the pot.

"Me too ..."

"Oh my god," Hermione said glaring at me. What did it do? "Did you grab someone's hair?" she looked frantic.

"Erm..."

"Let me rephrase that. Do you have some of Pansy Parkinson's hair?"

"Pansy, yeah. I ripped a bunch out during the duelling club. I was proud, couldn't throw it away." I said. “Actually, wow. That’s really disturbing of me, to be honest.”

"Good. Don't throw it out."

We scuffled back up to the dorms and I grabbed Hermione turning her around.

"What!" she said exasperatedly.

"Merry Christmas," I said with a bright smile. Her face lightened.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that ... Merry Christmas."

"Hey, can we go wake the boys up and be extremely annoying?" I said happily

"YES!" Hermione squealed.

The pair of us sprinted back up the stairs, grabbed the presents we had for the boys, and burst into their dormitory.

"TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY!" I shouted, diving onto Harry's bed.

"Wake up," Hermione said loudly, pulling back the curtains at the window.

"Oh, you meant being subtle?" I said while Harry attempted to push me off and yawn at the same time.  

"You're not supposed to be in here -" said Ron, shielding his eyes against the light. 

"Merry Christmas to you, too," said Hermione, throwing him his present. "We've been up for nearly an hour, adding more lacewings to the potion. It's ready."

Harry sat up, suddenly wide awake.

Unfortunately, this made me fall of the bed onto the floor in a crumpled heap.