Letting It All Out

-At the dorm-

"Valerie is stupid to not let you sing with us." Sun Hi said. "You got that right. We're friends now right?" Jodi asked. "Yeah, we're cool." I said. We all hugged. "So what are you going to do about your singing? You can't keep it in. Corki asked. "I guess I'm going solo." "I'm sorry, Camryn." She said. "Its cool." "What else are you good at?" Jodi asked. "Dancing, acting. That's pretty much it. That's all you can do when you're growing up with an abusive father." I said. As soon as I realize I've told the, tears come out. "Abusive father?!" I nodded. "That makes no sense." Jodi said. "Its because of Valerie, isn't it? She's not... my real sister. For five years, me and my sister were beaten. We didn't have anyone to run to for help. Our family live in New York. They probably don't even care. Kimmie would always cry herself to sleep. When my dad nearly beat my little sister Kimmie to death, I took her and ran away. I passed out but Valerie found us and brought us to the hospital. Kimmie was in a coma for a week and lost her memory so Valerie's parents adopted us and Kimmie thinks they are our birth parents. That's how I got here." I explained. "Cam...you didn't have to tell us everything." Corki said. I looked up and they all had tears rolling down their cheeks. "I couldn't keep it in?" I said. "How old is Kimmie?" Sun Hi asked. "She's five. Mom died while giving birth to her. I'm the other mother figure she had until now. In some ways, I'm glad she lost her memory." I said. Maybe I was wrong about Sun Hi, Corki, and Jodi. Maybe for once, someone actually cares.