Chapter 16

I'm awoken by a horrible pain in my neck for the fifth time. I sat up, and instinctively placed a hand on my irritated neck. Only then do I realize that my entire body throbs with pain. Sleeping was not easy. I checked the clock. Thankfully, it was around the time we're supposed to get up, so I decide against attempting to fall back asleep.

I swung my legs over the side of the bed and glance at Jasmine. She was still sound asleep. How?

I got up, my back making a loud cracking noise. I cringed, then began to hobble over to Jasmine. I shook her to and fro, until she finally opened her eyes.

"What time is it?" she mumbled, rubbing her eyes.

"7:57," I told her.

She sighed, then sat up. She stretched and yawned.

"Please don't tell me you slept well," I said.

"Don't worry, I didn't," Jasmine muttered. "Woke up about 3 times last night. I think one of those times you were up?"

I nodded slowly, suddenly remembering that moment. "Oh yeah," I agreed. "We watched the cooking channel for a while, and then we fell back asleep."

"Yeah," Jasmine nodded. "How many times did you wake up?"

"Five, including when I woke up just now. I'm already bad at sleeping at places that are away from home, so it doesn't help that we get stuck with crappy beds."

"Agreed. You would always leave my sleepovers in the middle of the night," Jasmine laughed.

"Yep. I don't think I'm ever gonna break that habit."

Just then, someone pounded on the door. Our luxury wake up call. I glanced at Jasmine, who was sharing my exact thought. We smiled.

"We're up!" I yelled, not even sure if the person who knocked was there anymore. At least Tim didn't have his people leave us here, though. Then again, he'd have to answer to Dylan.

I put on my clothes in a rather quick manner; shorts, a tank top, and a red flannel shirt wrapped around my waist. I slipped on my converse and checked myself in the mirror. Jasmine, who finished dressing herself, looked at me. "So hipster," she commented, a smirk flashing on her face. Her eyes glanced at my hair. "But you're gonna wanna fix that."

I looked at my hair. It looked like it had just been struck by a tornado. I laughed nervously then started brushing it until it lay down my back straight and smooth.

We finally exited the room, and found the cast members waiting in the lobby. I looked around for Dylan, to which I didn't see.

"Hi there," Thomas Sangster greeted, approaching us.

"Hey," Jasmine and I replied simultaneously.

"Excited to see some Scorch Trials action take place?" he asked.

"Sure am," I said.

"Me too," Jasmine smiled, her eyes sparkling. I could definitely tell she had a crush on Thomas. But then again, who wouldn't?

Kaya then approached us, holding a cup of coffee in her hands. She smiled at us. "I love your outfit," she told me.

"Wow, thanks! That means so much to me, considering I've never had an eye for fashion," I said, then gestured to Jasmine, "This girl is the fashion diva."

Kaya laughed.

"Can I have everyone's attention please?" Tim suddenly announced, standing on a chair.

I scanned the crowd once more in search of Dylan, when I found him sneakily creeping up with a coffee and muffin in his hand.

"I'll be right back," I whispered to Jasmine, then started making my way towards Dylan.