Chapter 10

Dylan opened the door, and I was immediately greeted by the smell of scrumptious food. And the cast, of course. In the middle of the room lay a long table, with trays of food on top. My stomach grumbled on cue.

I looked up from the food to meet the eyes of the Maze Runner cast. Kaya, Thomas, Ki Hong, Will. They had a look of surprise and confusion on their face. Kaya was midway of picking up some sort of food. She set the food down slowly on her plate, then lay the plate on the table.

"Hi there," she said, awkwardly.

"Hi," I replied, trying to stay as calm as possible.

She glanced over at Dylan, who was standing by me. "Dylan," she said, "Can we talk in private?"

Dylan nodded yes, then they went into a separate room. I directed my eyes away from them, and I looked at Thomas. He flashed me a nervous smile. My muscles froze, and I felt myself falling backwards. My hand flew up to my forehead. I could imagine myself fainting dramatically like women did in old time movies. I landed on the ground with a thud.

As voices spoke above me, their words indistinguishable, my vision dimmed and I couldn't grasp on to reality. I saw figures above me, just as I blacked out. One looked like Dylan, the other Kaya. And Thomas. I had this weird thing for Thomas.

Dylan and Thomas knelt beside me. I could see Dylan's lips' moving frantically, but I couldn't hear him. Thomas looked at me, worry in his eyes. If only he knew that he was the reason I fainted. Then I lost all vision and faded into a world of darkness.

"Kiley?" I heard a voice say.

I opened my eyes. Dylan. I sat up, feeling fine. Everyone was still huddled around me, and even a paramedic was there. "Whew, I thought you were a goner," Dylan said, smiling a little.

"How long was I out?" I asked no one in particular.

"About 10 minutes," Thomas said, his arms crossed.

"We called a paramedic a few minutes ago, then by the time he got here, you woke up," Kaya added.

"Yeah, what was all that about?" Dylan asked.

I knew what it was about, but I didn't want to say. I shrugged.

"We should take you to the hospital, make sure nothing's wrong," the paramedic suggested.

I shook my head. "No, it's fine. Maybe I was just dehydrated?" I said, trying to fabricate a lie.

"Well, it wasn't that long of a blackout. That could be a possible cause," the paramedic said, scratching his chin. "Fine, but drink plenty of water."

The paramedic got up, said his goodbyes, then left.

Dylan held out a hand. "You sure you're okay?" he said, suddenly serious. He lifted me to my feet.

"Yeah," I said, then laughed. "Couldn't believe my dreams were coming true."

"Glad you're alright," Kaya said, and Thomas nodded.

Will stepped in. "Would you like something to eat?" he asked. "Plenty of food."

"Uh... sure," I replied, then smiled.

I walked up to the table of food. I grabbed a plate and scanned the options. Pasta. Ooh. I looked to my left. Tacos. Ah. I looked farther down the table; BROWNIES!

I practically kick started my feet and jumped over to the dish of scrumptious looking brownies, bumping into someone. Unfortunately, I hadn't seen the person over there. I looked up and saw Ki Hong standing beside me with a surprised look on his face. I thought I was gonna faint again.