Chapter 4

When I arrived home from school, I noticed a note laying on the table. I picked it up. It read:

Staying late at work tonight. Dinner is in the microwave. Love you!
-Mom

I hopped up the stairs to my bedroom and immediately got on Instagram. I posted multiple pics of the Maze Runner cast, that not even expressing my excitement. I checked the clock, and as if on cue, I heard the front door open; my brother was home. "Kiley, you home?" he yelled up the stairs. I replied with a 'yes' and continued scrolling through my feed on Instagram.

I lay on my back, staring at the ceiling. Why can't these 2 months go faster? I thought to myself.

2 months later ~

"Eek!" I shrieked. Today was the day. The day I would meet The Maze Runner cast. I wore my best outfit and did my hair as best as I could. I nodded at myself in the mirror. I grabbed my purse, along with my phone and wallet, and my ticket. My mom was already in the car. I ran outside and hopped in the car.

I looked over at my mom and smiled; she did the same. Off we drove. To Comic Con. Where my dreams will come true.

We arrived at the place, and holy cow were there a bunch of screaming fangirls. I tried to contain my excitement, but it didn't last very long. I eventually shrieked like a maniac with them. We waited for a couple hours in this long line. Until I saw them. Dylan. Kaya. Ki Hong. Will. And- I almost dropped my things. Thomas Sangster. He was at the end of the table, looking as gorgeous as ever. They all smiled, taking the occasional selfie. I was about 5 people away from Dylan's booth. I jumped up and down. My heart beat quickened. This is it.

I stepped up in front of him. I could barely speak. He looked at me with his gorgeous brown eyes. "Hey cutie," he said, a giant smile on his face. I laughed like an idiot and brushed a piece of hair behind my ear. I looked down at my hands, twiddling my thumbs. I looked up at his eyes. "Hi," I said under my breath, my face as red as a tomato. He gently nudged me on the shoulder. "There's nothing to be nervous about," he said, a smile still on his face. "I know, it's just that," I paused, taking a breath, "I've dreamed about this moment for as long as I can remember," I replied.

I remembered I had a picture I wanted him to sign. "Oh, sorry I forgot," I said, grabbing the picture from my purse, "Could you sign this?" I said, laughing nervously once more. He laughed also. "Of course."

He handed it back to me. "Thank you so much," I said, and then I realized that I was crying. He noticed this. "Aw don't cry cutie," he said, then pulled me into a hug. I tried to make the tears stop, but they kept going. I know I wasn't the only fangirl who cried while meeting them, but this seemed to catch the other actors' attention. He placed a hand on my shoulder. "Take care," he said, and we moved on down the line. That just happened. I met Dylan O'Brien. And he hugged me. I shrieked in my mind.

I successfully collected autographs from the rest of the actors. Thomas Sangster was left. I smiled as I was face to face with him. "Why hello there," he greeted with a friendly smile. "Hey," I replied, a wide smile on my face. We leaned in for a hug. And I touched Thomas Sangster. Shivers were sent down my spine. I looked at the picture in my hand, and held it out to him, an embarrassing smile on my face. "Could you sign-" Suddenly, a loud voice blared across the room, and security guards stepped into the room. "We need to pack it up!" one of the men yelled. Thomas regained focus with me, carefully but quickly grabbed the picture from my hands, and in an orderly manner, started looking through the things on his desk for a marker to sign it with. He showed a hint of frustration on his face. I looked through my purse for one, but to no luck. He peered to his left. "Hey Will, you got a marker on you?" Will shook his head with a sympathetic look on his face, as the security guards started ushering the actors all out of the room.

A security guard waited by Thomas, tapping his foot impatiently. Thomas sighed in defeat and handed the picture back to me. "I'm sorry love," he said with a sad expression. I tried to hide my disappointment. "It's alright," I lied. And off he went.