Chapter 13

I stood on the plush grass, waiting for Jasmine to show up. I continuously checked my phone for the time. She should be here by now. That's when I suddenly hear the closing of a car door.

I look up, and Jasmine is walking over to me. She stands in front of me, then leans on her hip and crosses her arms. "Prove to me that you're telling the truth," Jasmine said.

"Okay," I said, then looked over my shoulder and yelled, "Dylan, come on out."

Dylan emerged from the trees surrounding the area, sunglasses covering his face and his favorite Mets hat on. Jasmine looked a little suspicious at first, but then inched closer, and her mouth fell open.

"How did you get Dylan O'Brien to come here?" Jasmine asked in awe.

"Because, like I told you, I'm friends with him."

Jasmine's eyes went from suspicious to understanding. "Oh, Kiley. I'm sorry I didn't believe you."

"Hey, I get it. It's hard believing that your best friend is buddies with a celebrity," I replied.

"Well, I hope you have fun in New Mexico," Jasmine said, sincerity lacing her voice.

"I won't," I paused for dramatic effect, "without my best friend."

"Oh, Kiles," Jasmine said, then went in for the hug. "I'm sorry, I can't go."

"Dylan, give her the ticket," I said.

Dylan does this and her mouth dropped open. "Whaaa?" Jasmine said, speechless.

I laughed, "I wanted you to come with me this whole time. So when I asked this guy Tim for my ticket, I called him back later and asked for another one. Of course, it took some persuasion, but he finally gave in."

"Oh Kiley!" Jasmine exclaimed, then we hugged. "Thank you."

"Don't mention it," I said, then winked. "But seriously, don't mention it. Like at all."

Jasmine laughed. "I won't."

"Make sure your mom is happy when you ask her if you can go to New Mexico," I said.

"I will. Although she doesn't really care, as long as I go with a friend and if the transportation has already been paid for."

"Check, check."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day of departure for New Mexico finally came, or in this case, Colorado to my mom. I still felt guilty for lying to her, but most of that was masked by my excitement.

Jasmine's mother said yes to her going with us, which is awesome in case the actors do their own thing, then I'll have someone to talk to.

I hug my dad and my little brother goodbye, haul my luggage down the stairs, and get into the car. "I would've expected a bigger suitcase, it is awfully chilly in Colorado this time of year," my mom said when I got into the car.

I bite my tongue. All that's really in my suitcase are my hygiene products, tank tops, shorts, swim suits, and an extra pair of flip flops. And they don't take up much room.

"Well, you know how I am. I love the cold air. I'm practically made of ice."

My mom nods, and the conversation is dropped.

We make it to the airport, I see Jasmine waiting for me. She is standing by the entrance of the airport. I turn to my mom. I reach over and hug her.

"Have fun sweetheart. Text me every night," she says.

"I will. I promise."

I hug her one last time, then step out of the car. I wave to her as she drives away. I turn and see Jasmine. I speed walk over to her, a smile forming on my face.

When I get over to her, we practically shriek in excitement. "These are going to be the best months of our lives," Jasmine said.

We walked into the airport, our rolling luggage handles gripped firmly in our hands. We saw The Maze Runner crew standing to our left of the departure lounge, security guards around them. Dylan glanced up, and his gaze traveled over to me. He waved his hand in the air.

Jasmine and I walked over to them, excitement bursting me at the seams.

"Hi," I said to Dylan.

"Hey," he replied. "So it's a long flight. You up for it?"

"Of course. If I can get through hours of boring class, then this'll be no problem."

Dylan flashed me a smile. Suddenly, the whole group started moving toward a check-in counter. We handed the lady our tickets and our luggage.

We went through a metal detector and placed our carry-on bags on a table for inspection. After those were checked, we retrieved them and headed for the gate.

We wait until the airplane stops at the tarmac, and quickly walk to get on it. Jasmine and I settle in our seats, along with The Maze Runner cast in the seats in front of us. Luckily, the only people other than us on this plane is the cast and crew of TMR, so no googly eyed fans.

I look and see that Ki Hong and Will are in the seats in front of us, Kaya and Katherine McNamara sit in the seats in front of them, then Dylan and Thomas sit in the seats in front of them. I look to my left and see Wes sitting with Tim. I sigh and relax in my seat, and pull out my book to start reading. It was gonna be a long flight.