im in love with my ex best friend (4)

(Part 4)

    The rest of the day dragged on. None of the guys were in any off my other classes except lunch but I made sure to stay far away from them and just sat with Becca. Becca and I walked to my black scion xb. That’s the one thing Becca doesn’t have is a car. Her mom had never got her one she said they were too expensive. Beccas’ mom told her she could use her car but she threw a fit when she was told that so now she not even allowed to drive.

    “I still can’t believe he said that” Becca said tossing her bag in the back seat before climbing into the passenger seat.

    I shrugged my shoulders and got behind the steering wheel and started the car. “I know and he knows I have things I could tell people about him.”

    “Then you should spread some things about him around the school. See how much he likes.” Becca said bouncing a little in her seat.

    I looked over at her. “But you know and I know I won’t do that” I pulled out of the parking space.

    “But don’t you want to wipe that stupid smirk off his face. I mean look at him” she point out her window at him standing by his car with Caroline. My heart ached a little to see them but I turned back forward and concentrated on getting out of the school parking lot without hitting anyone in the process.

    “I don’t know why your hung up on some of this stuff.” I said to Becca when we got on the main road.

    “I don’t know why you’re not hung up on getting back at him!”

    “I don’t know why YOU are hung up on getting back at him.”

    “Well if I were you I would do something about it.” That’s the one thing about Becca. She thinks that getting back at people is the best thing to do if they do something to you whether is something stupid or big, well high school big. Most people try not to get on Beccas bad side. Including me. We might be best friends but she can get snappy.

    I pulled into my drive way. Neither of my parents cars were there but someone’s car is parked in front of my house. Who the hell could that be? Becca and I got out of the car and walked  toward my front door of my white picket fence house. I love my parent but they like to flaunt their perfection sometimes and this house is one of them.

    “Hey who’s car is that?” Becca asked and I shrugged. I turned the key and went to open the door but it flung open with the help of the owner of that car.

    “Justin!” I yelled flinging myself into his out stretched arms.

    “Hey pip squeak” he said wrapping his arms around me lifting me up a little bit. I laughed resting my head on his shoulder.

   When we finished our hug, I stepped back bumping into Becca. Oh jeez I forgot she was here. “What are you doing here?” I asked.    “Well I don’t start classes until the end of October so I thought I would come and see my parents and little sister.” He smiled at me. I’m glad he came to stay here instead of going and staying with one of his friends from college. I really only see him on holidays and those are really only thanksgiving, Christmas and sometimes the 4th of July. He had graduated high school when I was in 8th grade so we were never at the high school together. I saw him look over at Becca which made me laugh because he kind of checked her out.

    “Justin you remember Becca.” he nodded his head and looked her up and down again before looking at her face and grinned at her which made her blush a little bit. Wow that’s a first. They have only met each other once or twice and I have never seen any of this before.