Chapter 20

I wake up in the middle of the night to my front door opening. "Maliyah get up." "What the fuck are you doing here?" "We have evidence that someone connect to you was responsible for Toya's murder and D.A Darius Smith." "Your in my damn house at two in the morning for that." "It's August." "He wouldn't." I don't believe him. "We have evidence with his DNA on it." "He couldn't have killed Darius. We were in the Bahamas."

"I don't know how but it's his DNA. Have you spoken to him?" "No I haven't." "We need to trace your phone." "For what?" "Just to make sure." "Chris as a law abiding citizen I don't have to consent to that." "Maliyah." "Chris can you go now I'd like to go back to sleep." He sighs, "Suit yourself. Later Maliyah." I double lock my front door and get back in bed. How the hell did Chris get in here anyway?

I wake up and roll over. I get up and shower. Once I'm dressed I walk into the kitchen and cook myself some breakfast. I cut my ringer up and sit my phone on the counter. I hope August really meant what he said and he calls me today. I don't know what's going on with him but hopefully he will tell me soon.

My phone starts ringing but it's Sheree. "Hey girl." "Hey what you doing?" "Just got done making breakfast. What you doing?" "Got off work early." "Damn that's real early girl." "I know. What you up too? Wanna meet you up?" "Girl I would but today just isn't the day. Maybe tomorrow." "What's wrong?" "I was fired yesterday." "Damn Liyah for what?" "The fight of me and Toya surfaced." "Seriously?" "Yes." "Damn girl."

A few hours later I'm laying in living room. I get up to close the blinds, too much sun shining in here.

My front door attempts to open. "Maliyah open the door." I sit my plate down and go answer the door. "August." He rushes inside and shuts the door. 

"Baby pack you a bag." "Where are we going?" "The Feds got some kind of shit on me. They're on their way with an arrest warrant now. We have to go now." "Arrest warrant for what?" He sits on the bed, "I've done some shit I shouldn't have done. I'll explain everything later. Baby I know what I'm asking you do isn't easy but I can't leave you. What I'm asking you to do isn't easy? It's going to require you to leave everything you know behind. I just need to know are you down?"