Chapter 4

"Nina can ask Mr. K to come to my office?" "Yes Ms. Wright." A few minutes later, Mr. K walks inside. "Good morning Ms. Wright." "Good morning Mr. K. Listen I have this case I'm working on... Do you mind taking over it for me?" "Um sure only if you work as my co-chair." "I can do that." "Alright. Thanks so much for the opportunity." "Your welcome I'll have Nina bring you all the files once they're ready." He leaves out.

August walks in. "Good morning." "Good morning." "What's going on this morning?" "Not much." "What happen to you the other day?" "August listen..." He tenses up. "I'm... Im giving you case to Mr. K but I'll be working as the co chair. The DA stopped by last week and has evidence of us having a previous relationship. I don't know how he'll try to play that card in court but I don't want to take any chances so I'm stepping down. With that being said what happened that night can't happen again. I was caught up and apologize for anything I may have said while under the influence."

He gets up , "Are you serious Maliyah?" He asks as he places his hands between me and the desk. "Look at me and answer my question. "August can you move?" The feeling of him looking down at me makes me want to crawl under a rock and we're so close I can feel his breath on my face. "Maliyah!" "What?!? What do you want me to do?" "I can't believe you man." "I'm only doing what I think is best." "For who?" "You." "Would you like to know what I think." I inhale and exhale slowly. "What August?" "I think your scared." "Of?" "Us."

"There is no Us." "Act like you didn't feel shit between us that night." "August don't make this more complicated." "Why you bullshiting me? What the fuck Maliyah?" He says moving. "Where are you going?" "I'm leaving what does it look like?" "Your real good at that." "You'd know.... But the only difference between this time and the last I'll actually say goodbye..." I look up at him, "Good bye Maliyah." I roll my eyes and sit down plop down in my chair.

A few minutes later Nina comes in, "Is the paperwork for Mr. K ready?" "Yes. Here." I hand her the file and the tapes from his house and from the rehab facility. "Okay." The rest of the day goes by slowly.

I decide on dining out for dinner. Monique and Sheree had other plans so they wouldn't be joining me. "Good evening Ms. Wright." "Darius what do you want?" I ask rolling my eyes. "I heard you stepped down." "Word travels fast." He smiles and hands me an envelope. "What's this?" I ask. "Pictures of you and Mr. Alsina that I would've used if you were defending him." "That's real mature Darius." "The world of Law is never fair and it's all by any means necessary." "Okay." "So is your answer still no to the Governors ball the offer still stands for your little friend."

"Mr. Smith I'm trying to have dinner I could appreciate it if you'd leave me alone. No I won't go to the Ball with you. Damn." "Your fiesty Maliyah I've always loved that about you but as you know I'm persistent and when I want something I make it my duty to get it." "You can get out of my face." "I'll catch you later Ms. Wright." "I'm sure you will."

It get back to my house. I lay on the couch and before I know it I fall asleep.

Someone is banging on my door. I get up and answer the door. "August what are you doing here? How do you know where I live?" "I had to see you." "What's wrong?" He kisses on my neck. "August." "I'm sorry for everything I've done." He says before going back to kissing me. He moves to my lips. "Mmmm we can't be doing this." "Yes we can." My shirt is off and thrown over my head. He unhooks my bra before sucking on them. "Shit." He smiles and his hands moves to my pants sliding them down.

The next thing I know we're on the bed and he's sliding inside of me. "Damn Maliyah." His strokes are slow and gentle. "Has anybody been hitting this?" "No." "So you saved it for me?" He whispers in my ear before nibbling on it. "Yes." "This is my pussy right?" "It's owns." His low seductive tone is turning me on even more. "You still like me whispering in your ear?" "I love it." He kisses me while speeding up quieting my moans. "Do you still love me?" "Yes I do so fucking much." He smiles, "I love you too." "I'm about to cum." "Me too." We climax together. Damn I've missed him.

My phone starts ringing, "Do you see it anywhere?" I ask feeling around the bed. It continues on ringing. It's Monique ringtone. I get up and look for phone. "Lay with me, you can call whoever it is back later." August says. The way his body is glistening and the way the moon light is hitting his face makes him even more irresistible. I climb back in bed with him. My phone starts ringing again.

I open my eyes. "What the fuck?" I mumble grabbing my phone. That dream felt so real. "Hello?" "Damn girl what you over there doing?" "I was sleep." "Oh. So what happen with you and Aug today?" "How do you know about that?" "I went over his house and he was sitting there looking like he lost his damn puppy and asked him what was wrong. He said he didn't want to talk about it and to ask you." I sigh, "I had to drop him. I gave his case to one of the other Junior partners. But I'm still involved as the co-chair."

"Oh damn. Why you drop him?" "The DA wants me to accompany him to the governors ball and he'd reduce August's charges to something simple but I declined and then he states he has evidence of our previous relationship and I didn't know how he would try to play it so yeah." "Girl really? Did you tell August? Can he blackmail you like that?"

"If I knew the nigga intentions when he first walked in my office I would've recorded his ass but even I were to say something he's the district attorney and well respected in the law community. It would be brushed off as he say she say. No I didn't tell August all that. Well I did tell him about the previous relationship thing."

"Wow Maliyah." "I know. I mean any lawyer could try this case in his sleep especially with the tapes August brought in proved he didn't do it." "Yeah, so he finally told me about his daughter." "I knew you could find out but I actually met her." "When?"

"That night of the party we left and went to Sunset while there he got a call saying she was at the hospital then we went there." "Damn so you met Toya ratchet ass too." "Ratchet is definitely the correct word to use for her." I say laughing. "I know please believe I been trying to tag that hoe." I laugh harder, "Of course you have."

"I'm surprised he never said anything to anyone about the little girl." "Her name is Aliyah." "Well he's never spoke of Aliyah before." "Yeah." "She's 3." "I figured that much Monique." "No you aren't getting what I'm saying." Monique says.

"What you saying?" "If he went to jail 6 years ago that means he was only in for three. So what the hell has he been doing for 3 years." I never even thought about that. "Your right." "I wanna know." "I don't have time to figure out August."

"You should. Y'all could be back at y'all old shit." "Girl I'm too old for that shit now." "Whatever back then when it come to August y'all were stuck on stupid about each other." "That's the past Monique." "Do you still care about him?" "Of course I do." "Do you still love him?" A chill goes through my body as my mind went back to my dream. "I mean I have love for him but I don't know." "Sure Maliyah." "I'm being honestly Niq."

"Uhm mhm. Stay in denial all you want girl." "I'm not in denial." "That's what people in denial always says. First step is accepting it." I laugh, "Whatever. Don't you have something you should be doing." "Don't try and rush me off the phone now." "I have to get ready for court in the morning." "Yeah yeah. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Good night." "Good night Niq."

I send Sheree a good night text and get up. I throw my take out box away and head into my room. Let's get this shit started.