Chapter 9

I look down at my phone while at lunch with Augusg and Aliyah. "Ms. Maliyah are you still going to let me meet your friend?" "Yes. We can go over to her office after we leave here." "Yay." "Maliyah we still on for tonight?" "Can I come?" Aliyah ask. "I'll ask if it's okay with you." He says looking at me. "Yes it's fine if Toya says yes. Movie night for three." "Daddy can you ask her now?"

He picks up his phone but it rings. "Hello?... Who this?... Nig- do you know who your talking to?... Fuck all that I don't take kind to threats. Get off my line with that shit." He hangs and gets up from the table. "Daddy said a bad word." "He didn't mean to sweets." She giggles at my nickname for her. I want to go check on him but I don't want to leave Aliyah sitting by herself.

Once we finish eating I pay and we go back to August's car. He was sitting in the drivers side. Aliyah and I get in. "You good?" I ask. "I'm fine. How much did you pay?" "It's okay." "How much was it Maliyah?" "August it's fine." "Maliyah I asked you a question all I need is an answer." "$36."

"Here." He says handing me a fifty dollar bill. "August I don't need it." "Maliyah. Just take it please." I grab it and sit it in my purse. "Where the doctors office at?" "Go to Sundale Drive." "Alright." "Daddy." "Yes Aliyah?" "Are you okay?" "Yes baby girl daddy is fine." We ride in silence the rest of the way there.

I go inside the office and look for Jennifer. "Well well well look what the cat dragged in." "What's up girl?" I say hugging her. "Finally pregnant?" "Girl no remember I was telling me and August got back in contact?" "Oh yes I remember which is why I asked my first question." "That's dead. I'm here because he has a little girl and she wants to be a pediatrician so I told her if see you would meet her."

"Absolutely bring her back in." "Cool. I'll be back." I go out into the room and get Aliyah and August. "Hi Aliyah. How are you?" Good how are you?" "I'm good so I hear you want to be a pediatrician." "Yes I do. Do you like your job?" "Yes I love helping children and making sure they feel all better once they leave." Aliyah smiles, "I want to do that." "You can do it. You go to college and then medicine school. Do you make great grades?" "Yes all Es." "That's excellent. Keep up the great work little mama."

I look over at August. I nod my head towards the door. He walks out and I follow. "What's up?" "What happen?" "Liyah I'd prefer not to talk about it right now." "Tell me later then." "I can do that." "Tonight." "Alright baby. You good?" "I'm fine other than seeing what was up with you." He smiles and pecks my lips. "I appreciate it."

We get finish with Aliyah meeting Jennifer. Of course Toya wound ruin the fun and not allow Aliyah to stay over. August drops me off and then heads to back to his place to get some clothes. I call Monique and Sheree to see what they've been up too, I haven't spoke to them in a while. "Oh now she knows how to call her friends ." "My bad y'all I've been busy."

"With August." "Not just him I've picked up a new case. I know y'all heard about Derrick Erickson on the news." "Your defending him?" "Yes." "Damn good luck I saw the crime scene for that on 20/20 and it looked gruesome." "I don't need luck I'm the best at my job."

"Alright then girl do your thing then." Sheree says. "So what's been up with you and Aug?" Monique asks. "Nothing we've just been chilling." "Only chilling?" "Yes." "Uhm mhm." "What's been up with y'all?" "Nothing much work is the same but I have met a new man his name is Javon." Sheree says. "Owww details?" I say. "He's a supervisor at New Mark International and he's a tall glass of chocolate milk. When I say he is fine as hell I mean it." "I feel so left out." Monique says. "Why?" Sheree asks. "I don't have a boo."

I laugh, "Girl please. What happen to Tyrell?" "He was trifling." "I tried telling you that." "I know and you were right." "Well I actually thought he was decent."Sheree says. We finish catching up and made plans go get us in a ladies night as soon as possible. An hour later August arrives.

"Missed me?" "Do you want the truth or a lie?" I ask. "The truth." "Sure." "What's the lie?" "Still sure." I say laughing. "Nice bed doesn't look like you need a new mattress or pillows to me." "I just know you're not bringing that back up." "What if I am." "We aren't talking about that." "Why not?" "Because I don't want to."

"I brought your favorite movie." I look at him and smile, "Carmen?" "Your other favorite?" "Save the last dance..." "Yes." "It's been a minute since I've watched it too." He puts it in. "I have to get Aliyah registered tomorrow for school. Would you like to come with me?" "Sure I don't have anything on my schedule for tomorrow." "Cool. She really likes you." "I like her too. She's a sweet girl." "She told me the other day if being a doctor didn't work she wants to be a lawyer like you." "Aw."

The movie starts playing but we're too busy talking to each other to even watch it. "So what happen earlier?" "You aren't letting that go are you?" "No. I don't plan on it." "Only if you promise to tell me what yo ass dream about." "You already heard the conversation." "So." "Okay fine deal." "Someone called making threats." "About?" "Drugs and shit." "August I told you something wasn't right about that deal." "You think it's Lopez?" "How many other drug lords have you been connecting with?" "Just a few." "August what is a few?" "Like 5."

"I don't like you doing this." "You never have but I promise I'm going to be okay. I know what I'm doing." "Yeah this time." "Chill." "Uhm mhm." "So about your dreams?" "Since the night you left my office I've been having these dreams about us." "What we doing in them?" He asks rubbing my arm. "Stuff." He laughs, "Stuff like?" "Sex and stuff." His eyebrows raise, "So that day when you were moaning in your sleep... Was it because of one of those types of dreams?"

I shake my head yes. He laughs, "August that's not funny." "Yes it is..." I turn over with my back facing him and prop my head up on my hand. "Maliyah." He says laughing. I roll my eyes. "My bad baby look-" he cuts his self off with laughter. After a few more seconds, "Alright for real, I'm sorry." I roll back over and look at him. "Loser." He smiles and kisses my lips, "I'm your loser tho."

He starts placing random kisses from my head to my shoulders. If he didn't stop my dreams would become a reality. "You want me to stop?" He asks whispering in my ear. Before I could answer my phone rings. I check it and it's s notification of my name being mention in a new article. A ton of then begin to come in. I open up the first one and cover my mouth. "Oh God. Fuck!" "What's wrong?" I show my phone and it pictures galore of me and August out together and that night we were kissing in my office. "God I'm ruined."

"Maliyah chill. It's just a few pictures." I turn the tv to the news and the pictures are everywhere. "An anonymous source sent in these pictures of Maliyah Wright and August Alsina. Ms. Wright was originally Mr. Johnson's attorney until she stepped down and went to co chair. We can't help but wonder what all was Ms. Wright involvement in the case and with Mr. Alsina stay tuned for more updates to come...."