Chapter 13

I lean against the blue jeep until a white van pulls up to where we are, Braeden and Derek stepping out.

"How did you get a prison transport van?" Stiles asks.

"I'm a U.S. Marshal." Braeden answers, closing her door.

"Yeah, I just thought that was just a cover."

Derek points to Liam, "Are we really bringing him?"

"Are we really bringing him?" I say, looking at the devil in a v neck, also known as Peter.

"We're bringing everyone that we can." He answers.

"And considering Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon, we should probably get going."

"What's that mean?" Malia asks.

"If Kate took Scott back to the same temple that she took Derek, how do we know she's not planning to do the same thing to him?"

"What, she wants to make him younger?"

"Or take him back to when he wasn't a werewolf."

"A werewolf can't steal a true Alpha's power. But maybe a Nagual jaguar, with the power of Tezcatlipoca behind her maybe she can. So, if everyone is sufficiently freaked out, I say we get going."

"We can't." Stiles speaks up.

"Not without Lydia."

________________________

Stiles paces around the room trying to get a hold of Lydia.

"What's she doing at the school anyway?" Derek says.

"We got Kira's sword, but we need something with a stronger scent." Malia says, holding up the sword.

I answer, "Lydia went to get a jacket out of her locker."

Stiles come back, shaking his head. "Nothing."

"If she has a car, she can catch up to us." Braeden says.

"That's a good point. We'll call her from the road."

Oh shut it, Peter.

"No. What if something happened What if she's in trouble?"

"Fine. You stay, you find her. We're gonna go on without you." Peter says, earring glare from Stiles.

"We're not going without Stiles, or Lydia." I say.

"I could call Mason. He has a study group at school. Maybe he could look for her." Liam says.

"All right. Fine."

We all turn, going to our cars. I start going into the direction of the blue jeep with Malia and Peter but I'm stopped by Stiles and Derek's voice.

"Ariana, you gotta ride with us. You may be the only way to help Liam."

I lock eyes with Liam, giving him a small smile which he returns.

I turn to Peter's voice, "Remember what we're dealing with. It's not just Kate, it's Berserkers. You might see human eyes behind those skulls. Do not assume that there's any humanity left."

Liam quickly looks to the ground, worried all in his features.

"Oh, This little one is terrified of them, aren't you? Don't worry, my friend. It is that fear that will keep you alive."

"A reminder to everyone. You do not fight Berserkers to survive, you fight to kill."

________________________