Prolouge: Tessa

I stare at Dr. McCarthy, clearly making him uncomfortable. I guess my stare is getting better.

"Tessa, are you going to answer my question?" His soft voice makes me want to apologize for my rudeness to him from my previous sessions, but I push the urge away.

"No." My sharpness clearly surprised him, but to my disappointment, didn't shut him up.

"Tessa, I need you to open up to me. It's unhealthy to keep your feelings locked up."

"What's really unhealthy is that I got raped three years ago and my parents payed the guy. And what's even worse is that HES NOT LOCKED UP." I was out of my chair, pacing back and forth.

Dr. McCarthy stayed sitting, watching me pace. I sigh and sit down. "Tessa, you and I both know why your parents didn't lock him up."

"Yes, just because he was drunk, cheated on by his wife and he is my uncle." The memory of him sent shivers down my spine. How he slammed me on the bed, and when I tried getting up he pinned me down, suffocating me. My arms flailing around me, trying to gain advantage. But I was only fourteen and didn't have any arm strength at the time.

"I know you think it is unfair, and it is, but you have to understand, he didn't know what he was doing. He thought you were some random girl." How could he be so stupid? Uncle Mark would do anything to get out of jail. Mark is a manipulative, rapist.

"The man would do anything to stay on my parent's good side. All he wants is money." I stare at the clock. Five minutes. I glance and Dr. McCarthy, I see that he is writing down stuff. I hate when he does that. I stare at the clock again until it says two minutes.

"So Tessa, how is your romantic life going?" Dr. McCarthy stares at me softly.

I scoff. "I think we both know how that's going." After my experience, I never trusted boys. In fact, I resent them. I would watch romantic movies and when the guy messes up like fucks another girl or says something terrible to the girl he "loves" I would end the movie. I convinced myself all guys are ticking time bombs, waiting to destroy any girls heart.

"Still no first kiss, no boyfriends since the incident?" His black-brown eyes gaze at me.

"No sir." I stare at the clock again, ten seconds.

"So Tessa," five seconds. "How do you feel about having a boyfriend?" Two seconds.
One.
"Well, it's been fun, but I'm afraid our time is up." I gather my things as fast as I can.

"Wait-"

"See ya next week Dr. McCarthy," I practically throw myself out of the door.