Chapter 7

I look around and there are two young girls. I recognized one of them. It was myself. I had not so short hair, and a small white bow. I was shorter than that other girl, and maybe a bit more chubby, but not by much. How old was I? 5 maybe? I was laughing with with that other girl.Her and I were playing through a bright green field. The air was warm, and beams of sunlight glowed onto our skin. Flowers were scattered across the ground, and dragonflies would buzz by every once in a while. The girl across from me was sitting on a red snd white checkered blanket, and blowing bubbles happily. I looked closely at that girl. She had big brown eyes, and dark brown locks. She had one of those cheap bracelets wrapped around her wrist, with the letter S hanging down. It was young Spencer. How old was she? Probably 6 or 7. Anyways, the young me started running around and popping all the bubbles. I smiled at myself, as I watched all of this happen. Then out of the corner of my eye, I saw a black hoodie. I freaked out. I wanted to run over and protect my younger self and young Spencer, but I couldn't move. My next choice was screaming.

"Run!!"

They couldn't hear me. "Run!!!" I yell again, louder.

They still didn't hear me. I couldn't do anything. All I could do, was watch. The black hoodie from the corner walked up to the young us. I could only see the back of the hoodie, and not the front, so I couldn't identify their face. But the young me could, and I hugged the black hoodie with such joy, and Spencer smiled at the hoodie, and continued on with what she was doing. After My young self let go of the hoodie, it started to turn around, and right when I was gonna see its face, I woke up.

My eyes shot open and I gasped. I sat up and groaned while rubbing my eyes. I look at the time. 5 am. Ripping off my blanket, I kick my feet to the side of the bed. I did the usual morning routine, and put on some running clothes.

And I ran around the town of Rosewood. Blasting music in my ears. It was the only was to take out the stress. I wasn't allowed to go the freaking therapist because of Spencer and A, and I can't just talk because no one would get it. Running was the only thing calming me.

I ran pass the park, where people started to run in. I would run in the park, but it gets boring seeing the same old scenes everytime. I dont't want to see the same tree, the same bench, or the same bush. I'd rather run around the town. Even though the same buildings are there, there is something different that happens around them everyday, and it keeps me interested. I was about to turn a corner, but before I did I almost ran into Mike. He stopped, and so did I. He took out a headphone from his ear.

"Sorry." He told me.

"Its fine." I whisper, and then I run pass him. I can't look at him. It just gets me depressed because I can't be with him. Not after everything that happened between us, and A.

I started to run back home, and when I reach my driveway, I started to walk. I stepped inside and got a water bottle from the fridge, chugging it down. Taking deep breaths, I walked up the stairs. I passed Spencer's closed bedroom door. Then I heard a thump. I took a couple of steps back and ended up back in front of Spencer's room. I opened it slightly, and Spencer was on the floor, along with blankets and pillows.

"Did you just fall off the bed?" I ask.

She sat up and looked at me. "Yeah, I just had a bad dream."

"I had one too, and couldn't sleep. So I ran around town."

"No wonder it smells." She joked.

"Shut up." I laugh. "What was your dream even about?"

"Um, don't worry about it." She told me. "Now please go and shower. You have sweat dripping from your pony tail"

I chuckled and closed her door. I went into the shower, and thought about Charles. She should know that I know about Charles? Was her dream about Charles? Then I kept saying that name in my head.
Charles, Charles, Charles.
Why was that name so familiar? Where did I hear it??

I got out of the shower and got dressed. I walked down the stairs and heard Spencer talking on the phone. I rolled my eyes as i spotted Spencer took out those "special cookies" she got.

"The word is nightmare and no, I didn't. Thats when I fell off the bed and Kendall came in." She said into the phone.

She was talking about her dream to someone. But who?

"I don't know I've never seen her before." She paused. "Or maybe I have."

Who has she never seen? Was it someone in the dream?

"But what about that creepy room, do you remember ever seeing anything like that?"

Okay, soooo she saw a creepy room with someone who she has probably seen?

"Wait wait when we went back inside, after A locked us out, do you remember a tiled room? It was right next to the-"

I am getting almost nothing from listening to Spencer talk about her dream.

"Aria please just help me!"

Well now I know she is talking to Aria. Why would she tell Aria her nightmare, but not me? It had to be because she was hiding something, probably Charles. I was about to stop eavesdropping, and walk back up to my room, but I heard Spencer say,

"No we don't tell Kendall." It turned into a low whisper. "I don't need Kendall to get hurt, not again. She doesn't need to be the hero."

I left after that, and went up to my room. I want to learn more about Charles, but how could I?

Later that day, I heard Spencer get back home, I ran down the stairs and stopped at the bottom. She dropped her bag on top of the counter.

"The cookies are gone. I can't numb the pain anymore. I'm just going to have to live with it like everyone else."

I walked closer to her. "Glad you aren't blind to see whats right and wrong anymore."

"Me too."

The house line rang, and Spencer left the room to go answer it, leaving her phone and bag on the counter.

I took her phone and tried to find anything that would get me to know a little more about Charles, and then I read a text from Hanna.

Picking you up in 5 to go to Radley. Information about Charles better be there. -H

I put down Spencer's phone and went on the couch onto my own phone, so it seemed as if I was doing that the whole time.

Spencer came into the room. "Just mom saying she will be home late."

"What else is new?" I roll my eyes.

Spencer got a text on her phone. I'm guessing it was Hanna saying she was here because Spencer said, "Going out for a bit. I will see you soon okay?"

"Okay." I smile at her. She smiles back and leaves the house. As soon as the door closed behind her, I grabbed my keys. I was going to go out too. I was going to go to Radley.