Chapter 6

Spencer's POV

I open the water bottle in my hand, and dropped the cap, trying to catch it mid air, but failed miserably. Aria noticed, and raised an eyebrow at me.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah." I say. "I've just been on edge since we've got back."

"Yeah, its been rough for me too." Emily sighs, fidgeting with her hands.

I look over at Aria. "How about you? Are those pills working?"

"No they gave me a huge headache so I threw them out." She says to me. "I'm just trying to not focus on what happened."

My eyes widen. She threw them out? That means they could still be in the bottle in her trash can. I have been desperate for them ever since I took that one I stole from Aria a while back. I have been trying to sleep with out them, but it is almost impossible. And it doesn't help to sleep when I have that frightening memory etched into my brain. That memory of me, sitting down in the replica of my room in that damn dollhouse, with blood all over my shirts, hands, face and floor.To calm myself and keep myself from going crazy, I tried to steal Kendall's pills from my mom's room last night, but I couldn't find them anywhere.

"Um." I say to them, removing myself from my deep thoughts, "Why don't we meet at the Brew in one hour?"

They all nodded and started to get up. As they did, Kendall came walking down the stairs.

"Where are you guys off to?"

Aria looked at Emily and I. "We, um are going to the Brew soon."

We lied to her. I don't want her to know about Charles for her own safety. I don't need her hunting, doing research, and try to be the hero. I don't need her injuring herself or worse, have herself killed.

"Oh cool." Kendall replies grabbing her purse and keys from the coffee table.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

Kendall chuckles. "Spence, I have friends out side of this little group ya know?" She leaves the house and Aria faces me.

"She seems to be doing alright."

"She isn't. She's a mess." I tell them staring at the door. "Where is she going?"

Emily slightly rolls her eyes. "Spence, leave her alone. She is just hanging out with friends."

I sighed. "Brew. An hour."

Kendall's POV

I walked into the waiting room and sat down. I tried to pass the time I had to wait by going on my phone, but heart was beating so fast that I couldn't. Cause of that my hands would tremble when I would type. So my only alternative was to sit there in silence, and I did. That was until the door to her office opened.

"Kendall! You are right on time." Dr. Sullivan made a toothless smile at me, and motioned me to go inside her office.

~30 mintues later~

Dr.Sullivan continued to write down in her book. She then put her pen down and looked up at me.

"Okay Kendall. You have talked about me about the place you were in, and how you felt when you where there. How about now? How do you feel now?"

I said the first word that popped into my head. "Alone. Ever since I got out of that room, I feel isolated from everyone. I will be there with people in a room full of people and not be able to connect. That room changed me. Made me anxious over everything. That room made me break up with my boyfriend. It made me cautious with everything around me."