Connection [Chapter 10]

Note: The following two chapters are written out of frustration and insanity. Be warned of the weird things that will happen. But read anyway.

--

Connection (A Death Note Romance Fan Fiction)

Chapter 10

--

Three days later...

L was busily typing on his laptop when his screen buzzed and a pop-up window appeared. It says that a message was sent on his inbox twice. He clicked the ‘Open’ button and an e-mail program window opened. The sender was anonymous, so he suspiciously opened the message.

There were three PNG files attached to the message, and nothing else.

He clicked the first one, and his hand froze on the touchpad.

It was a picture of a primrose.

He hit the next button to see the following image.

A picture of a torn shirt...which he recognized so clearly.

L gritted his teeth.

The last picture has no relation to the last two.

It was a picture of a circular table covered with cream-colored cloth, an elegant vase standing in the middle with white roses, two wooden chairs with beautiful carvings and plush seats, white curtains on the background, and small slip of paper resting on the table.

There was something scribbled on it, but when he tried to zoom it, he couldn’t understand what was written. With a small sigh, he thought of things that could be done with a digital image. At first, he tried to locate the sender of the e-mail, but he later found out that whoever sent the message had an IP redirector, and gave him at least three thousand locations in the world.

He went back to the last image, rotating it clockwise, inverted, mirrored, and even manipulated the colors, but he still could not read it. After a few cookies and a pot of tea, he decided to leave it alone, when something flashed in his mind.

That’s right. It could be possible. But why? Whoever sent this must really have a motive...

He right-clicked the image and used Notepad to open it. Bunch of texts and symbols were displayed. He scrolled down to find anything useful, and saw one.

At the end of the file, there was something written after a long line of unidentifiable characters.

NYBSEARRILPEETAKIAJASP ... 5/5/4/4/4

What?

A code?

“This is ridiculous.”