Connection [Chapter 6]

Now Playing:

 Alone In This Bed – Framing Hanley

Who Am I to Say - Hope

--

Connection (A Death Note Romance Fan Fiction)

Chapter 6

--

“Lawliet?”

L looked down at her, his eyes wide with disbelief.

“Y-You...”

“... ...”

“... ...”

Princess felt something prick her eyes, and all of a sudden, a stream of tears fell on her cheeks.

She... She went back to the present, leaving L, no, Lawliet, back in the orphanage, in danger, with his bleeding arms, his unsure voice...

What the heck is happening?! Is time playing with her? Is this supposed to be some sort of punishment?!

Because if this is a punishment, then it’s one hell of castigation.

Then she noticed something.

L was wearing the same white bath robe as hers, and when she looked at his arms, there were faint scars of a slashed wound, that’s for sure.

So it wasn’t just a trick, it wasn’t just a dream... It really happened.

But why? Why the hell is this happening?!

His eyes were full of disbelief, as if he was questioning everything. She couldn’t look him at the eyes.

Princess looked down at her hands and cried.

--

Princess sat on the bed, still looking at her hands while her mind wandering on the possibility of her sanity snapping.

“Here are your clothes.”

She looked at the neatly folded clothes resting on L’s hands. She took them without a word and without looking at him.

When he left the room, she quickly dropped the robe and wore her shirt and bolero, panicking a bit when she remembered that they left the study group for... how long were they gone, anyway?!

She picked up the robe and hanged it on the wall. She left L’s room quietly; she couldn’t bear the memories flooding her mind. All she needs is fresh air, and perhaps some tea—