Connection [Chapter 5]

AN: I will dump every chapter at this moment.

--

"The course of true love never did run smooth."

- A Midsummer's Night Dream, (Act I, Scene I)

--

Connection ( A Death Note Romance Fan Fiction )

Chapter 5

--

Now Playing: Stranger – Secondhand Serenade

--

Connection (A Death Note Romance Fan Fiction)

Chapter 5

--

L quietly tiptoed at the corridor, careful not to wake up anyone. It was pushing three o’clock in the morning. He had finished talking to a new member of the Wammy’s House, and made several arrangements around the orphanage.

This new kid sported something mysterious around him. He smiled like a lunatic, yet his intelligence can be detected in his manner of speaking. He even predicted a calamity that will arrive at the orphanage, and offered his help in cleaning and...with other stuff.

L shivered at the sudden gust of wind, remembering how the kid’s eyes shone with malice and, at the same time, happiness.

He arrived at his room, not bothering to open the lights. The moon was shining brightly outside, and with its help, he changed clothes and was about to drop on his bed when he noticed Princess on the floor, quietly trembling from the chilly room.

L smiled. He lifted her up and placed her on the bed, tucking the blanket around her. He then crawled beside her, burrowed under the covers, embraced her lightly and fell asleep.

--

It was there.

The raven haired young man sat on the floor, smiling happily as he watched a person moving around, quietly surveying the orphanage. The boy giggled, then slid down on position where his entire body is lying on the cold tiles, his arms folded in front of him and his head resting on his hands.

This will prove to be interesting.

He tapped the small cell phone lying near him and spoke.

“Make sure no one is on the main hall tomorrow. Everyone should stay in their respective rooms until ten o’clock, or else...”

He let out a coarse laugh, knowing that the other line knows what he means.

--

Mello likes to take in charge.