Connection [Chapter 2 & 3]

“And things can never go badly wrong

If the heart be true and the love be strong

For the mist, if it comes, and the weeping rain

Will be changed by love into sunshine again.”

- Sweet Peril, George MacDonald

--

Connection ( A Death Note Romance Fan Fiction )

Chapter 2

--

“What is your name?”

Princess dumbly stared at L for a few seconds, before responding quietly. “I-I... My name is Princess.”

L stared at her. “No wonder.”

“H-Huh?”

“Nothing. Why are you inside my closet, anyway?”

“Umm... e-eh...”

“... If you don’t want to answer, just get out of there. You’re wrinkling my clothes.”

“..!” Princess quickly moved out of the small dresser and slumped on the carpeted floor, her knees growing weak. She could feel her heart still thumping loudly, and closed her eyes to will away the weirdness of the situation.

Why was she here? In front of a small L, just like the one in the picture? Is this a time warp?

When she opened her eyes, that’s when she realized something.

“Get up, Princess-of-Weirdness-Who-Hides-In-Closets. How old are you anyway? You look small enough to be a second grade student.”

Princess snapped her head towards L, who was looking at her with bored eyes. Then she looked at her hands.

It was true. She had time warped into a frame years ago. Her body could attest to that.

She had the same body as she had years ago. What the heck?

“Wh-What’s going on..?”

“It’s three o’clock in the morning, I was about to change into my sleeping clothes before Watari catch me, then I found you in my closet.” The raven haired man drone as he grabbed a set of night clothes. “By the way, if you want to sleep, you’ll stay on the floor.”

--

7:00 AM

It turns out that L wasn’t the best host ever. He left her standing in the middle of the bedroom while he strip naked and change clothes in front of her (she had to close her eyes and look away – the nerve of this guy!), turned off the lamp (it was dark then, the only source of light was the window that was dimmed by the blue curtains; it was freaking eerie) and slept without giving her any sort of blanket or mattress to help her. The only thing that helped her ease the cold was the oversized jacket on the dresser chair, and she used it as a blanket and bedspread at the same time.