Connection [Chapter 8]

Now Playing:

Complicated – Avril Lavigne

--

Connection (A Death Note Romance Fan Fiction)

Chapter 8

--

“Where is she?”

L kept silent. He didn’t know the answer, so he couldn’t reply at all.

“I’ve looked all around the orphanage. I couldn’t find her. Earlier, didn’t you carry her somewhere?”

“...I brought her in my room. When I returned, she was nowhere to be found.”

“Oh?”

The new kid looked out of the window. It was already night, 10:30 PM to be exact. He couldn’t see anyone outside of the orphanage. His eyes then landed on the miserable young man in front of him.

“...I locked the room from outside. My windows are locked as well, and I have the key with me when I left. There are no holes where she could have escaped. I even locked the closet.”

“Closet?”

“...I hid her there.”

He chuckled. “Don’t you think that she could have died inside?”

“... ...”

“So she just disappeared into the thin air?”

“Probably.”

--

The room was still dark and cold when L returned. No signs of any other living things.

It was similar to being a one-day millionaire. You’ll miss the happiness that surrounds you once it’s gone.

Why did you give it to me?

He picked up a small parchment paper and a mechanical pencil, and started drawing the girl that just disappeared like a bubble that got popped. His memory worked hard in remembering every detail, and when he was satisfied, he tucked it inside his clear book to protect it from dust.

He lay down on the bed and stared up in the ceiling, his mind drifting back to the same person.

Where did you go?

But there were no answers to his questions.

And he slept away with a heavy heart.

--