Chapter 6

"Let's spend a day at the park! You know, since the weather's decent and all." Liam suggested.

"Yeah, actually, that sounds really nice! It's not too warm out. But we're gonna have to actually get dressed."

"Obviously," Liam said sassily. The two boys then raced back up the stairs to Liam's room.

Isac picked out a light pair of jeans with a faded grey t-shirt and moved to the bathroom to change. Soon he re-entered the room to see Liam donning a black Green Day muscle shirt, a hoodie and a fitted pair of skinny jeans. Isac stared at an exposed and very well muscled shoulder Liam had failed at covering up. "Nice..." he found himself breathing out.

"Did you say something?" Liam asked.

"What? Uh, no, I didn't say anything," the now blushing boy stammered. Shit, did I actually say that out loud? Isac turned away and busied himself with tying his shoes.

Soon the two teenagers found themselves ready to go and at the door. Liam sent a message to his mother via text to let her know they would be out, as she was off doing something herself, then they proceeded outside into the mild outdoors.

"It's surprisingly brisk," Isac mentioned. He swiftly jutted a foot out to capture a leaf that was scuttling down the sidewalk in the breeze, then looked down and let it go sheepishly, chastising himself for his childish behavior. Even though he had known Liam for a good portion of his life, there was a part of himself that hoped Liam wouldn't judge him. Not that he thought Liam was the judging type, of course, because Liam was practically perfect... But he just wanted Liam to think that he was perfect too; he wanted to impress him.

"True." Liam's response surprised Isac, even though he had commented only a moment before. "I kinda like it, though!"

"Same. Well, then again, who doesn't like a bit of sweater weather?" Isac offered and almost absent-mindedly began to hum the appropriate tune of the popular song, "Sweater Weather". Without hesitation, Liam grinned and started singing a verse here and there.

"All I am... Is a man... Somethin', somethin'..." Isac laughed at his friend and began to sing broken lyrics with him, jumping around to face him. He started to dance all over the place, plastering on a goofy and lopsided smile, drawing out a hearty laugh from Liam. Eventually he trailed off.

"It's too cold, it's too cold... Eh, I forget the rest." They silently agreed to stop singing and steadily continued on their way to the park.

At one point on their walk, Isac picked a dandelion and held it out in front of his tall friend. "Make a wish." Liam squinted at the weed as if in thought, only to raise an eyebrow a second later and look from the dandelion to Isac.

"Isn't this a little girlish..?"

"Ah, whatever. Screw gender roles." Isac promptly replied. Liam flashed one of his signature smiles at that and took a deep breath. With a sharp exhale, dandelion seeds were scattered in the air. Isac watched a few drift away before dropping the stem.

"What did you wish for?" Isac inquired.

"If I told you then it wouldn't come true." Liam replied.

"Aww, shame. But I guess you can't argue with the laws of the universe!" Liam looked at his friend and let out a sort of scoff combined with a fart-noise.

"Indeed, the laws of the universe!" The taller boy waved his arms around and made whooshing noises. "Ooooh, the laaaaws of the univerrrrse!"