Chapter 4

Relaxed after having eaten a late meal of macaroni and cheese, Isac and Liam changed into clothes more suitable for sleeping in.

"Hey, do you wanna watch a movie? We can just find something on Netflix." Liam suggested.

"Yeah, that sounds good." Isac replied.

"Cool." Liam dragged Isac to the living room couch and plopped down with enough force to make a whump. He turned on the tv and navigated to the Netflix loading screen. "What kind of movie do you want to see?" he inquired.

"Umm..." Isac had always been indecisive to some degree. "I dunno, action or something?"

Liam smirked at him, knowing how jumpy Isac could get. "I'm up for that." He thought for a second, and then exclaimed, "Ooh, have you seen 'World War Z', yet?"

Slightly embarassed, Isac shook his head; even though the movie had been out for a while, he rarely had access to television or movies aside from Liam's house.

"Ahh, dude, we have to watch it. Some people say it's not that great, but I really liked it."

"Okay, if you insist."

"World War Z" was then loaded on the screen. It started somewhat peaceful--a normal family playing 20 Questions in a car. Isac recognized Brad Pitt and another actress, but he couldn't remember her name.

About a minute into the movie there was an explosion. Oh yes, definitely an action movie. Isac thought. He felt his heart beat faster as a panicked mood built up in the movie.

Isac's eyes were glued to the screen throughout the film. He didn't even realize he had gripped Liam's hand until he felt a thumb rub calming circles on the back of his palm. Flustered, a light pink blanketed the brunet's cheeks. Isac tried to direct his attention back onto the tv screen, but thoughts raced through his mind. He glanced over at Liam. He seemed pretty relaxed for such an intense movie. Isac quickly averted his gaze, not intent on getting caught staring.

Was it just my imagination, or was Liam blushing too? Isac wondered. No, no way. He has no reason to be blushing. Isac started chewing on his lip, still flustered and still holding Liam's hand. Ugh. What is happening to me..?

He managed to make it through the rest of the movie fairly focused. Once it was over, the tv clicked off and Isac stifled a yawn.

"Tired?"

"Yeah."

"Let's go upstairs."

"Okay."

Isac reluctantly released his grip on Liam's hand to rub his eyes and yawn again. Liam subconciously let out a sympathy yawn, which evoked a small giggle from the shorter boy. Liam realized what he did and chuckled.

"It's not even that late!" Liam smiled. "It's not even twelve!"

They stumbled up the stairs and into Liam's bedroom.

"Ladies first," Liam teased. "You can have the wall side."

"Hush. I'm not a lady. And thank you." There was a sense of security that came from not having to worry about falling off the bed in the middle of the night. Even if it was a queen size. Damn, he has all the luxury. Isac slipped underneath the sheets and comforter, welcoming the warmth that would soon embrace him.

Liam followed immediately after. "You don't look tired enough. Wanna stay up a little later?"

"Fine, fine. But no more tv, light decreases your melatonin levels. Or something like that. It keeps you up." Isac concluded.