Chapter 5

Isac's heart threatened to leap out of his chest. He likes someone.

"Who... Who is she? If... If you don't mind me asking," Isac stuttered.

Liam hesitated for a moment before answering. "I don't think you...know her. She's in a couple of my classes, though." Isac couldn't help the heavy feeling of disappointment in his chest. Stop. You shouldn't feel disappointed... Nevertheless, there was a twinge of jealousy in Isac's heart.

"She is super nice. Very shy, but really caring once you get to know her."

"Oh... Do you think she likes you back?" Isac asked.

Liam laughed sadly. "No, I don't think she does."

"I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry? You don't have anything to be sorry about."

"I just... I don't like seeing you struggling."

Liam gently brushed a stray lock of hair of Isac's eyes. "Thanks, Isac. I don't want you to have to struggle or hurt either."

Isac couldn't bring a smile to his face. "You should tell her that you like her. You're pretty popular because you're so nice."

"I wish I could. It's just not that simple."

"Why not? Does she have a boyfriend or something?"

Liam chuckled. "No. I think it's more likely that she likes girls than guys."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

They layed in silence, neither of them sure of what to say.

"Well. Are you more tired now?" Liam asked."

Isac nodded and hoped his action was visible in the darkness.

"Okay. Then we should go to sleep."

Liam closed his eyes, but Isac's stayed open. His eyebrows were pulled into a furrow of confusion and discomfort. He wanted to move closer to his friend and wrap his arms around him tightly, but that would have been unacceptable on multipe levels.

Instead he bit his lip and withdrew into himself, a storm of emotions and conflict.

---

After a restless night of sleep, Isac woke to a pair of tired brown eyes. He rubbed his own and yawned. He had a terrible night's sleep, with frequent waking up and the tossing and turning.

"Mornin'," a raspy and deep voice greeted.

"Good morning," Isac replied, his own voice fairly weak. He smacked his lips, as his mouth was rather dry.

"Sleep well?" The tall, dark-haired teen asked.

"Yeah," Isac lied.

"Good." Liam stretched his arms and slipped out of the bed. He walked over slowly to the pair of jeans that had been neglected the night before and placed them back into his dresser.

"Hey do you want pancakes for breakfast?" Liam excitedly asked.

Isac perked up at this comment. "Yes!" He replied with enthusiasm; Liam was an excellent cook. They scurried down the stairs and into the kitchen, where Liam proceeded to pull supplies out of the cabinets.

Isac couldn't tear his eyes away from his tall friend as he sat down. Liam intently gazed at the task at hand. He tended to get very focused. He also had a slight but captivating smile that always seemed to be there on his face to brighten the mood of anyone who happened to set their eyes upon it. Isac was thoroughly surprised how Liam hadn't managed to find himself a girlfriend yet. Isac considered himself incredibly fortunate to have met Liam. Not only for yhe fact that it ended his elementary school bullying unfortunance, but also because it made him feel like he was actually valued and cared about. No one had really done that before. His mom sometimes, but she was often busy and didn't have time for her own son. It seemed like Liam always had time for Isac.

"Would you like to help?" The words that flowed out of Liam's mouth like honey snapped Isac out of his trance and he met Liam's slightly concerned gaze. "You alright? Sometimes I don't know if your spacing out is normal..."

"Oh, yeah, no I'm fine!" Isac waved his hands as if brushing away the matter. "Sorry, I totally should have offered to help sooner." He quickly hopped off of the stool he had previously been sitting on and rushed over to Liam's side. "What would you like help with?"

Liam gave one of his butterfly-inducing smiles and pointed to the fridge. "Would you mind getting me the milk and eggs?"

"Of course!" As Liam turned back to mixing the dry ingredients, Isac hurried himself over to the sleek black and silver refridgerator that always seemed to be full of fresh ingredients to whatever you needed. He pulled it open to retrieve a jug of milk and a half-full cartin of eggs. He shut the door and rushed back to Liam. "Here you are!"

"Thank you very much."

---

About twenty minutes later, Isac sat back down with his mouth watering at the sight of the beautifully crafted pancakes sitting in front of him. He reached for the butter and the syrup, preparing the perfect circles for consumption. "Thankyouthankyouthankyou," he mumbled. Liam chuckled and offered another grin. They both started shovelinging the sweet breakfast into their mouths. "Mm," Isac moaned. Blushing slightly at the noise that came from his mouth, Isac glanced over to Liam, but he hadn't noticed, or at least he didn't care. Isac then found himself staring at the tall raven-haired boy again. He just looks so... Perfect. He ate his food with grace, never eating too big of a bite and never dropping a crumb. Blinking, Isac snapped his attention back to his own plate and shoved another forkful of pancake into his face.

Soon all the pancakes were gone, and the two friends found themselves holding their stomachs contentedly."Ahh... No matter how many times I taste your food, each time I love it more than the last!" Isac complemented.

"Haha!" Liam let out a hearty laugh and smiled genuinely at his shorter friend. "Good, that's what I strive for."

Isac sat thinking for a moment. "Do you think you'll go into a cullinary school or something? I mean, you definitely have the skill for it."

Liam brightened at the comment. "You really think so?"

"Yeah, definitely."

"I dunno, really. It's always been a dream of mine to be a renowned chef, but sometimes dreams are unrealistic, you know?" Liam let out a sigh and rested his chin in the palm of his hand.

"Liam, you definitely deserve to have your dream," Isac said. His expression had formed into a look of pure seriousness. "You work so hard, and you're really, really good at cooking."

At that, Liam got up from his seat and embraced Isac in a tight hug. "Thanks," he whispered. Isac's hands found Liam's back and squeezed back. Wow, he's really...muscley. His face reddened once he realized what thoughts were rolling through his mind. Wait, what? No, this is not the time to notice how nice your best friend feels. That's weird. He pulled himself away frim the hug before any more strange thoughts found themselves wandering through Isac's conciousness, ending the moment.

"Well then," Isac started. "What next?"

Liam grabbed their plates and put them by the sink. "You should stay the day. I'm sure none of our parents will mind." Liam suggested.

Grinning, Isac nodded. Another day with your favorite person? Absolutely!

"Then how about a day at the park?"

A/N: Hi, I'm back! Ugh I don't know where I'm going with this story. But people are reading it, which is pretty cool! I mean, I almost have 50 views which is amazing, considering I've never really shared my writing before and this is only chapter 5 :3 well, I'll probably update soon and I love you all!