Chapter 11

Chapter 11:

Justin

I woke up in my bed and sat up. My head throbbed slightly. I squinted at the sun that shone in my bedroom and grabbed my painkillers. I popped one in my mouth and swallowed it dry, the pill leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I grabbed my iPhone and saw that I had a text from Maya. It said,'How ya feeling?'

A smile grew on my face and I texted back,' Better. What about you?'

I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I turned on the shower and looked at myself in the mirror. My face was still bruised and battered, but not as tender as yesterday. I sighed and peeled of my band-aids that covered my cut. The cut scabbed over, which was a good sign. My phone lit up with a message. I glanced down at it. The message was from Maya, it read,' I'm okay. Are you still up for seeing me today?'

I replied quickly with excitement,' Yeah. What did you have in mind?'

I set my phone on the bathroom counter and quickly undressed myself. I jumped in the shower, letting the hot water run down my face. I winced as it stung my cut. I grabbed my shampoo and squirted some on my hand. I washed my hair and my body quickly before turning off the water. I climbed out of the shower and dried my body. I wrapped the towel around my waist before checking my phone again.

I had a message from Maya. 'I was thinking we could go for a walk?'

I messaged back,' Sounds good to me. I'll meet you at the bench by 5th Street in 15.'

I waited for her reply, which was an 'Okay' before going to my room to get dressed. I threw on black skinny jeans, blue Supras, and a black V-neck. To top off my outfit, I grabbed my leather jacket before leaving my house. I walked down my street slowly. I shivered at the cold and put on my leather jacket. I stuffed my hands into my pockets and let my mind drift.

I began to think about Maya. I couldn't believe I was meeting up with her today. A couple days ago I decided to keep my distance because I wasn't good enough for her but it seems like she thought I was, which made me incredibly happy. I looked down the street to see the bench I was meeting Maya at. She was already sitting there, waiting for me. A smile grew on my face when I saw her. She must have heard me coming because she looked in my direction, her beautiful blue eyes gazed up at me when I reached the bench.

"Hi." She said.

"Hey." I replied. I sat down next to her and put my hands in my lap.

She looked down at her hands, which were in her lap as well. "How are you feeling?" She asked.

I looked over at her and replied," Better than last night."

She bit her bottom lip slightly and nodded her head. I looked at the side of get face where Luke hit her. It was still bruised and the cut was still present. I saw hickeys on her neck from Luke too. I clenched my jaw in anger. I heard her speak again," I just wanted to say that I'm sorry."

I shook my head," You don't have to apologize to me Maya. I was just doing the right thing."

"I know but-", She started.

I cut her off," But nothing. I couldn't just sit there and watch you get hurt."

"Well what am I supposed to say? You could've saved my life yesterday by outing your's in danger! I can't just sit here and not say thanks or sorry!" She went off, her threw her hands in the air in question.

I looked at her," Don't say anything then! It wasn't that big of a deal Maya. I didn't want to see-"

She cut me off," -See me get hurt. I know, I know. You've told me that. I just don't understand."