Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

Justin

I woke up in my room, the sunlight shining through my bedroom window. I got out of bed and got ready for a shower. I grabbed a towel and walked to the bathroom. I turned on the water to let it warm up and I quickly undressed. I threw my clothes on the floor and climbed in the shower. The hot water made my skin tingle with relaxation. I let out a soft sigh and thought about last night. I wonder if Maya got in trouble. I hope she didn't. I wonder if she remembered me. That would be terrible. I shook that thought out of my head and began to wash my hair. I grabbed my axe shampoo and rubbed it through my hair. I quickly rinsed it out and turned off the water. I got out of the shower and dried myself off quickly. When I finished, I towel dried my hair, letting it fall naturally in the middle of my forehead. I wrapped the towel around my waist and walked to my room. I grabbed a pair of boxers and regular skinny jeans and slipped them on quickly. I heard my phone go off from my bed so I walked over to my bed to check to see who it was. It was Ryan asking if I wanted to hang today. I texted back that I needed I get my car from Josh's. I set my phone back on the bed and want back to getting dressed. I went to my dresser and grabbed a black V-neck and pulled it over my head. I walked back to my bed to check my phone. Ryan texted back and said, 'I'll come pick you up and drive you to Josh's. Be there in a few.' I slipped my phone in my pocket ad quickly jogged to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I heard a honk from outside so I grabbed my black hoodie and ran out the door as I yelled at my mom that I would be back later.

I hopped in the Ryan's passenger seat," Hey Ryan."

"Hey bro." He replied and drove off towards Josh's house.

It was silent for awhile until I Ryan broke it by asking," Where'd you disappear to last night? I saw you with a girl from school."

I sighed and awkwardly scratched the back of my head," Uhh.. Yeah. Her name is Massie."

He side glanced at me," Did you guys.. Uhh...?"

I shook my head quickly and chuckled slightly," No we didn't. She wanted to but I wasn't feeling up to it."

Ryan nodded and continued," I saw her leave. She looked pissed. "

I nodded in agreement and laughed," Yeah, she was pretty pissed." I looked out the window.

Ryan chuckled and he fell silent again. Massie probably hated me but I could live with that. I was just glad Maya was home safe. I grinned slightly at the thought of her. Ryan asked," But man.. After Massie threw her fit and left. Where'd you go? " He glanced at me with a confused look on his face.

Nerves shot through me. I couldn't tell him about Maya. He'd think I was stupid and mushy if I told him. I had to keep my bad boy reputation intact. I stumbled," I had to make sure a friend got home okay."

He squinted at me," What friend Justin? You only hang out with me." I sighed. He was right. Ever since my grandparents were in that accident freshman year, I hit a dark period in my life that only Ryan stuck with me through. I was thankful for him, but spending all that time with him made him able to read me like a picture book.

I sighed in frustration and rested my elbow on the car door. My hand went to my forehead.

Ryan glanced at me," Well?"

I growled," Fine." I looked at him," Remember Maya Johnson?"

He nodded," Yeah?"

"I drove her home last night." I replied.

"Why?" He asked.

"I don't know Ryan. She was wasted! I couldn't let her drive herself home like that. You know?" I replied.

He nodded in agreement but said," Why her man?"

I shrugged getting angry at myself," I can't get her out of my head Ryan. No matter what I do. That why I didn't hook up with Massie last night."

He didn't say anything so I continued," I can't shake her Ryan. She's different."

Ryan asked," What makes her different Justin? She's just like Massie, or Chrissie, any other girl at Stratford High."

"No. She's not." I replied sharply. We reached Josh's house. I spotted my Frisker parked a little farther down the road.

Ryan pulled to a stop and repeated," I don't get it. What makes her different?"

I sighed and looked down at my hands that were now in my lap. I started," You might just see the same light blue eyes, same brown hair, same everything else in Maya, but when I look at her all I see is light and beauty and warmth. It hits me in waves. It's something I can't understand.'

He looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

I pushed him gently," Don't look at me like that."

He laughed," Fine fine. But you're right. I don't understand."

I looked at him," I understand because I love her Ryan."