What did you expect?

Emily Bronte said, "He was more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."

5 YEARS PRIOR

Riane whistled and hummed happily as she worked. She mixed all the cupcake ingredients together as Emily prepared the pan. The guys filed into the kitchen for lunch and like Emily, the boys noticed Riane's happy demeanor. However, unlike Emily the boys were annoyed by it.

"Alright Black, what the hell is your problem?" Paul yelled as he slammed his fist onto the table. Ray was so gleeful that she didn't even flinch.
"Problem? I don't believe I have a problem." She smiled sweetly at him. Paul growled a bit.
"For the love of god, someone make her stop smiling before I get really angry." The rest of the guys laughed.
"Dude, cut her some slack, Seth is coming today remember?" Big brother to the rescue. Paul's aggressive side dropped as soon as it clicked.

Seth had so much on his plate right now and even though anyone else and everyone else was knocking down his door, she new him better than any one and so she knew that he needed a few days to himself. The longest that the pair have every spent apart. And Ray was overjoyed that she could finally have her best friend back. 

"Lover boy huh?" Paul laughed wiggling his eyebrows at her. She could have asked them to leave her alone, them both alone in fact, because she could spare the embarrassment and Seth didn't really need more stress on top of his father passing and the whole phasing for the first time thing. Riane rolled her eyes as they boys continued to make jokes about her and Seth, so she just turned around and proceeded with the cupcakes , but the second the rowdiness died down, she smirked and trued around.

"What? Did you dumbas-" She stopped because there he stood in the doorway. Her best friend and most epic love. Seth Clearwater. He grinned at her and opened his arms. She ran straight into them, squeezing his body as tight as she could. His once long hair was now cut to suit his masculine features. His top was cut at the sleeves to reveal muscled and toned arms with the tribe's trademarked tattoo adorned on his right arm. His skin seemed to glow almost as the light hit it.
"How are you?" She asked and even though her voice was muffled by his chest, he still heard her. He was taller too and smelt of musk and woods.

"Damn I missed you so much." He said, hugging her as best as he could without causing damage but still getting the message across. The two pulled away from each other and grinned before turning back the the group, holding onto each others waist. His voice got deeper as well, and he was stronger too. She could tell just by his touch, the way that he treated her like a delicate flower in his hands and that's what she was. That's what all humans were compared to the pack.

"What now?" She asked, her voice flat. As soon as she saw the looks the pack was eyeing them with she frowned. These looks were different, they weren't lighthearted and mischievous, they were curious.

"Thats it?" Sam asked, talking about the interaction between the two young teens. When someone imprints, it's so much more than just a smile and a hug. It was so powerful that the whole pack should have felt it.
"Well yeah? What did you expect?" Riane smiled. The guys looked between each other. Everyone thinking the same thing.

They were expecting an imprint.