NONCANON One-Shot: As Long as You're Happy: Part II (Greninja/Delphox)

The next few months were troubling for Greninja, to say the least. The vines were down to their final numbers. Squishy and Z2 could easily handle them with no issue, so they allowed Greninja the freedom to do as he wished.

But... where would he go now?

Ash was off in some other region. Through their bond, they could tell what the other was doing. He was in some place called "Alola", or something like that.

Alain and Mairin were in Hoenn with Steven Stone studying mega evolution, so that meant no sparring with Charizard.

He could go and stay with Clemont and Bonnie. They were good friends, and were fun to be around at least.

There was also Serena.

The performer had returned to Kalos for a couple weeks, meaning she'd be at her home town of Vaniville. Though the two didn't know each other the greatest, they were friends, and Greninja was sure she'd at least let him visit. There was only small problem. Wherever Serena went, she would be there with her.

Just the thought of that fox made Greninja's blood boil.

He told himself he'd be happy for her. He told himself he'd support her no matter what she chose to do, and yet despite the promises they made before parting, she went and broke them.

Besides, going to Serena's home meant that Lucario would also be there. Those two were the last people he wanted to see right now.

Which is why it made even less sense when he bid farewell to the Zygarde brothers, and began his trek to Vaniville town.

After a few hours of making the near region long trip, he'd made it to his destination.

After arriving at Serena's house and making his way to the front door, he heard sounds coming from the other side of the house. He swiftly jumped to the roof and carefully made his way over so he could see the backyard, and saw them.

Serena was in the backyard with her Pokémon, eating lunch. Pancham and Altaria were playing, Sylveon was being brushed by Serena, and Braixen... wasn't a Braixen anymore.

She'd evolved into a Delphox, and was meditating a good ways away from the rest of them.

'Strange..' Greninja thought. 'Where is that Lucario?'

Unfortunately for Greninja, he lingered in his thoughts for too long, as Altaria noticed him on the roof. Pancham looked to where bird was looking and also saw him, quickly calling for his trainer's attention.

'Crap..' he thought.

With his presence known, the ninja frog leapt down from the roof and to the ground with the rest of them. Serena made her way over to him, before engulfing the Water-Type in a tight hug, surprising him.

"It's good to see you again, Greninja!" The honey blonde said. "We've all missed you."

Greninja, after overcoming the initial shock, quickly returned Serena's embrace. Any friend of Ash's was a friend of his, and Serena more than deserved that title.

As he looked to the other Pokémon, Greninja felt a sense of comfort. He was seeing old friends for the first time in two years. Pancham and Sylveon looked great, and he'd have to introduce himself to Altaria at some point.

Then he looked to Delphox. His mood quickly dropped.

The vixen looked extremely guilty, not even having it in her to look him in the eyes. After a few moments, though, she finally made eye contact with him. The glare he gave her was more than enough to dash the vixen's hopes that he didn't know yet.