17 - The Hospital.

I had passed out halfway through the ride to the hospital. I woke up in a hospital bed with James at my side.

"Hey, how are you doing," Jim asked cautiously.

"I think I'm ok. What exactly happened," I ask back.

"You got a large cut on your head and some smaller cuts all over your body."

"Well, I'm ok. Do you know if the baby is ok?"

"The doctor should be coming in any second now."

"I'm so sorry I left the house."

"Hey, don't apologize. It's ok that you went out with John. If it would have been Sherlock...that's a different story."

"Thanks James." I take a deep breath in. " I know I can always count on you."

"Always."

"Always."

The doctor enters the room with a clip board in hand.

"Ok Mr. and Mrs. Moriarty, I've got good news," the doctor says as he sits next to my bed. "The baby is going to be ok, but you need to rest. Stuff like this can stress you out and that's not good for the health of the baby!"

"Will do, I'll keep her in bed for a while," James responds. "She's a wild one." He winks at me and I give him a look.

"Whenever you are ready to go, you are free to leave. When you do, make an appointment at the front desk to get the stichers out in 2 weeks!" The doctor left the room.

"See, everything is going to be ok," James says and puts a hand on mine.

"You don't even seem fazed about this."

"Seb warned me to be quiet and gentle. He didn't want me stressing you out more than you already are."

"Point taken."