Chapters nineteen, twenty and twenty one

Chapter nineteen

Sophia woke up to the sun warming her face, turning around she didn't see him. Checking the time, she got up, made the bed, and grabbed her phone, seeing he texted her.

Chris: Out for business, will be back in around two. Keys in the left drawer.

She smiled as he let her know where his car keys were.

Sophia: Back by yourself or more? Be safe x

Chris: The usual.

Sophia: Great, see you at two, mind if I clean?

Chris: Knock yourself out.

Sophia smiled as she quickly checked his cabinets and closets for cleaning supplies. She put on some music and started cleaning everything. Cleaning was therapeutic for her. A clean house, a clean mind. About two hours later, she finished her makeup and changed her clothes.

 About two hours later, she finished her makeup and changed her clothes

Opening the drawer with the keys, she found three sets of keys. Randomly picking one, she followed the beep and headed to the nearest stores.

Sophia just finished making the wedge salad as Rio walked in.

"What's all this?" he frowned.

"I made some food for you and the guys. I made shrimp and rice and cordi—wtf do you think I'm running a charity or something? I don't give a fuck about who eats or not. They work for me. I ain't about to feed them too."

"I'm sorry, I thought you and Carlos and maybe Eddie would be hungry," Sophia said, looking down, clearly upset.

"Let's get one thing straight, momma, just because I let you stay here doesn't mean you get to play the pretty housewife and interfere with business."

Sophia stared at him and his whiplash behavior. "I'm sorry," was all she said as she grabbed her things and walked out. Out of his apartment and out of his warehouse.

Confused, she didn't look back as Rio's words were repeated the whole way home. Arriving home, she saw that the Wilsons were having some dinner. She knocked before entering the house. "Never mind me, just grabbing more stuff, how are you holding up?"

"I think we are okay, we grabbed some clothes and personal items today and our car insurance gave us a loan so you can have your car back. Did the fire department give you a report about the house?"

"Luckily only the patio, garage, and kitchen are damaged so tomorrow Michael will start tearing the damaged wood down and make it safe so we can go back."

"That's great, you can use the kitchen here whenever you want or the bathroom, stay as long as you need. But how about you?"

"Don't worry about me, I have places I can stay. Hey, about the money your friend gave, we went to the bank. We have it here," as she gave her an envelope. "Keep it here, I will tell him you want to see him."