Chapters ten, eleven and twelve

Chapter ten

Baby, wanna go to the cabin? Yes! Arriving home, I packed some essentials and enough clothes as Ella packed her bag. Grab your school laptop and Ella, I quickly called school and I told them I had a family emergency but would make sure Ella followed the online classes. The School summer break was next week, so they didn't have anything drastic planned.

Next was work. But they were actually about to ask who wanted to take an early vacation because lately it was slow and they had too much staff.

Okay, got enough clothes? Yes, mommy. Okay, why don't you grab some toys and board games we can play? I grabbed the big emergency kit and food. Okay, before we go we need to stop and get some supplies, okay babe? We'll stop at Walmart. Walking through Walmart, we picked up all kinds of things: blankets and air mattresses for an outdoor night, bug spray, some tools, rain jackets, and we stocked up on food.

The cabin was only maybe 40 minutes away. She bought this place when her mother's life insurance came available when she turned 18. It wasn't much, but it gave her enough to buy this place, make a down payment on her school, and to get away from them. She lived here almost for two years.

It was a normal-sized cabin, a stone chimney and fireplace outside, dark brown wood with big windows

It was a normal-sized cabin, a stone chimney and fireplace outside, dark brown wood with big windows. A small fire pit outside. Once inside, you had the living and kitchen to your left and to the right, you had two bedrooms with the bathroom in the middle. They arrived, and the first thing they did was air the place out. Sophia had the place cleaned within maybe one hour. After changing the sheets, she checked the generator; she would need some gas. Both Ella and Sophia made a list of what they needed to get: gas, batteries, and some new plates. They got all that at the gas station. Come on, let's go before it gets dark.

They walked towards the gas station and got everything they needed, and of course, candy. "You ladies going on a camping trip?" "Kind of, did you get bear repellent? There have been a lot of bear sightings around here lately." "Oh, thank you. Do you have bear repellent?" "Yes, ma'am. Put two in there. And do you have shotgun shells? Put two in those too." "Sure thing."

"Okay, so spaghetti for dinner and shower. We'll have an early night, and tomorrow we'll see, okay? Can we go to the zoo?" "We'll see, babe."

Rio POV:

The next thing I knew I punched her. I punched her so hard she fell to the ground. Fuck! Carlos stepped in front of her and shoved me back. Ella was crying, and Marcus looked at me with fear in his eyes. Fuck it, I hit her, and I will never forget the look on her face as she walked out of my apartment. I just lost her.

"What the hell, boss? All she did was take Marcus here before they got him. She saw them pointing at Marcus when she was in the park. She called and texted me." "What? You have her number blocked, so she called me," Carlos said, showing his phone with pictures of the men in the park.