Chapters thirtheen, fourteen and fifteen

Chapter thirteen

Some weeks passed as Sophia and Ella were walking around the farmers' market, getting some fresh fruits and vegetables

Some weeks passed as Sophia and Ella were walking around the farmers' market, getting some fresh fruits and vegetables. "Mommy?" "Yeah, sweetie?" "I miss Marcus..." Sophia sighed and grabbed her hand as her thumb rubbed her small hand. "I miss him too, sweetie, but things are a bit different now." "I know, mommy, I just wanted to tell you but don't want you to get hurt." She smiled as they walked further ahead. They were both standing by the florist and were smelling flowers. "Mommy, can I have these?" Ella asked. "Sure, sweetie," as Ella chose some mixed lilies.

"I remember when you gave me those," Sophia heard behind her. She turned and saw Lilliana standing there smiling. "Hi, hóla ángel (hi, angel)." "How have you been?" "I've been good Sophia answered. and you?" "Slow, easy, just cooking and taking care of people. You healed up nice," she smiled. "Oh, yeah." "How is Marcus? Everyone is doing good and is healthy." She looked at Sophia, stating the obvious. "That's good to hear," and she let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry, but this is Ellana, my daughter, and Ellana, this is Lilliana, she is Marcus's grandma." "Nice to meet you, Miss Lilliana," as Ella held out her hand. "My, what a sweet girl. You look and even act like your mother," Lilliana smiled. "I've never seen you here before, change of scenery?" "No, I'm throwing a party. I'm turning 60, and we are renewing our vows. It was a big party so I needed flowers." "That is so nice to hear. Congratulations."

"Amor, I don't wanna overstep, but I would love for you to come," she held her breath. "If it wasn't for you, some people wouldn't even be alive, and I would be in jail doing life with Fernando." They just looked at each other. "Lilliana, I don't know, I just got my feet back, and it doesn't hurt anymore." "Do you miss him?" "Please... don't..." "It's an easy question. Do you miss him?" she sighed. "You know I do..." "I miss him too," they heard next to them. "I miss Marcus and Carlos. Rio not so much, he is a..." "Ella! Stop... that is not nice," Sophia said, as Lilliana looked amused at the little girl. "They were right, she is just like you. But please come. It's this Saturday. Please, amor? Marcus and Carlos gonna be there?" "They are... mommy, can we please go? Then I get to see Carlos and Marcus, please, mommy, please?" "Yes, mommy, please," as Ella and Lilliana looked at her... "I promise I will intervene and keep you safe," Lilliana said. "The reason you haven't seen him is because I told him you both were off-limits." Sophia took a breath and let go... "Is there a dress code and where is it?" "Ella started to jump up and down, and Lilliana just smiled as she pulled out an invite and gave it to her... that's convenient... It was for the florist so they could get another one."

"See you there, okay?" "Yeah, I will try." "For what it's worth, he got scared and let everything go to his head." "Okay, see you girls later." "Bye, girls." "Bye, Miss Lilliana, bye, sweetie."

"Mommy, can you put my bow in?" "Yeah, sweetie, just a minute." Sophia was standing in front of her full-length mirror looking at herself.

" Sophia was standing in front of her full-length mirror looking at herself