XLVII

Narrator

"Hey, Y/n!" Jay was trying to get Y/n's attention during class.

Y/n just ignored him.

Y/n never really liked Jay. Y/n didn't know why, but they had this strong feeling of hatred towards Jay. An almost unredeemable hatred.

Though, Y/n could never show that.

As the new captain of the basketball team, Y/n couldn't show any bias toward anything.

- Y/N POV-

"The new kid is kind of cute. Don't you think, Captain?" Jay was trying to get on my nerves.

"Pay attention," I huffed out.

We still had 15 minutes left in class and Jay was already being insufferable.

You could say he was your typical jock.

"I'm just wondering if you'd hit that?" Jay rudely asked.

I put my pencil down and glared at him for a second

"I have a girlfriend," I coldy replied.

- Jay POV -

I was starting to think that all the rumors were true.

Y/n had lost their memories.

It sucked to say but with Y/n out of the picture... I could step in and finally get what I wanted...

Haerin.

"That's good," I smirked at Y/n's answer.

Though I had been adopted and Y/n had reunited with their brother, there was still the little odd kid in distress.

Haerin had been taken in by her aunt, but she didn't have it nearly as good as Y/n and I did.

*RING, RING*

The lunch bell suddenly rang.

I grabbed my things and made my way to the main dining hall.

I had no idea why Haerin was jumped a grade, but I had a feeling it had something to do with Y/n. I had to act before Y/n could somehow win Kang Haerin over.

"Umm, can I sit here?" I saw Haerin was already trying to eat lunch.

I walked over to her and pushed the kid in front of her out of the way.

I wanted Haerin to know that I'd do anything for her.

Even if she was a little different.

"Hi, Gorgeous!" I gave Haerin my best smile.

"Yo, Jay! We're having lunch over here!" Y/n suddenly yelled from across the cafeteria.

I hated that Y/n was the new team captain. That's why I asked Jeno to ask coach to be co-captain. I thought that would help, but it seemed like Jeno respected Y/n a bit too much to act like how I expected.

"I think someone is calling you Park Jay-ssi," Haerin seemed to have a lot of confidence for her first day of school.

- Karina POV -

Y/n oddly seemed to have an interest in the new kid.

"She's kind of a freak. She's got staring problems and she never really seems to be paying attention. It's like she's in space or something," Jay kept explaining to the group.

"Space is cool!" Y/n suddenly exclaimed.

It was times like this where I found Y/n a bit embarrassing.

Y/n cared so much about what everyone thought about them... that they'd just befriend and defend anyone...

"Baby, that's not what Jay is saying," I tried to reason with Y/n.

Y/n furrows their brows and put their chopsticks down.

"Then what are you saying... Jay...?" Y/n was directing their question to Jay, but it felt like the question was more for me.

"I'm just saying that she's not your type of person. Right, Noona?" Jay's tone got serious.

I took a deep breath and just agreed with him.

Y/n didn't seem to like my answer and got up from their seat without warning.

- Yoongi POV -

"Is that how you think it happened?" Karina asked.

I took a deep breath and refused to answer in words. I knew the second I opened my mouth, my idea would go to waste.

"Was I really that big of a bitch?" Karina suddenly placed her hand over my pencil.

I looked up at her, but lowered my eyes when I remembered the one thing Y/n hated about dating Karina.

"Answer me! I'm sure Y/n told you things!" Karina seemed to get emotional.

"Y/n hated when you got lost in your emotions and forgot to do the right thing," Haerin suddenly spoke up.

You could almost see mine and Karina's jaw drop...

Haerin had been sleeping for the past 9 hours... Not just that, but Haerin was never this outspoken. Haerin spoke the truth whenever, without thinking it through, but this was different.

This felt like a direct jab at Karina.

- Haerin POV -

It looked like Oppa had restarted his book again. Although, this time it was kind of cute.

He had made little drawings and sketches along with the story. Only problem was that Karina unnie didn't seem to like Oppa's depiction of her.

I thought it was very accurate though.

You could tell that Y/n talked about their days a lot... and Yoongi Oppa would actually listen...

How else would Oppa know exactly how we met each other again and what happened after that?

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-