Chapter 21

*May contain errors
*****************************
Jessica's POV:
The smell of biscuit and gravy filled the living room and straight out the front door. As I turned around to closed the door, I could see Milo, stiff. A little smile formed upon my face.

"Jessica, honey, you were up early," Gran said pulling me into a hug. I smiled as I hugged back.

"Yeah, I just thought that I could meet the new guy," I said pointing behind me. I turned around and saw as Milo stood frozen, light a deer in headlights.

"Well, hello! I'm Susan, and you must be..." She said wiping her hands on her apron, then extended one.

"Oh, I'm Milo," he said taking her hand and shook it slightly. I could tell he loosened up a bit.

"It's a pleasure to meet you! Now, if you don't mind, I have to wake everyone up." She smiled. "Oh, Jess, could you squeeze some Orange Juice into that, there, glass pitcher? I'll be down in just a few. The oranges should be in the fridge." She said taking off her apron.

"No problem, Gran." I watched as she turned and gave me a slight and quick smile. She huddled out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

I walked over and took the little grocery bag of oranges out of the fridge. I sat them on the counter as I reached for a knife, and a cutting board. All the while, I could feel a set of eyes on me.

"Would you like to help me?" I said without turning around, with a smile.

"Yes, I would actually," Milo said walking towards me. He took the knife and the cutting board and began to cut the oranges in half, passing the slices to me. I set the oranges down on top of the juicer, and began to press down. The cold orange liquid poured out into the pitcher.

"These are homegrown, right?" Milo said slicing another orange.

"Yes, Sir. My Gran takes great responsibility growing and picking them," I said with a smirk.

"She sounds like a wonderful person," he said genuinely.

"She is probably the best person in world." It sounded cliqué, but it was true. My grandma was always there, and when I had my accident, she was always there to help me. I smiled.

"All done!" I said setting the pitcher of juice on the country next to the biscuits. I took the orange peels and dumped them into the trash bin. 

"Uh, do you need help with anything else?" Milo asked scratching the back of his neck.

"Actually, could you help me set the table?" I began handing him glass plates. He smiled wide and took the plates begining to set them down. What a nice guy. I don't think I have ever met a guy that smiles while setting the table, and honestly, it made me smile. 

"Can I help you?" Milo was watching me. It didn't dawn on me, until he asked, that I had been staring at him smiling like a fool.

"Oh, um, sorry. I was just, uh, yeah..." I hustled back into the kitchen with a face as red as a tomato. How embarrassing! 

"Smells delicious, nice to see that you finally joined us, Milo." I could hear Dad say from the table area. Time to face the awkward  situation. I began out of the kitchen carrying the pitcher of orange juice. 

"Good morning Jess, how'd you sleep?" Dad took the pitcher from me and kissed me on my head.

"I slept good," I said trying to avoid eye contact with Milo. 

"Alrighty, let's eat!" Gran came out of no where and sat down at the table. "I'm starving!"

********************

"Thank you for breakfast, Mrs. Jackson," Milo said shaking Gran's hand.

"Well, I'm glad you liked it! If you ever want to come in and take a break from, Heaven know's what you do out there,  I would love to make you a cup of lemonade. You know I've been told I make some pretty good sweet tea," Grandma said smiling. "Oh, and my name is Susan. Don't call me 'Mrs. Jackson.' It sounds to formal, and we aren't very formal." Gran smiled and shook his hand once more before she began collecting plates.

"Yes ma'am. Uh, see you later Jessica," Milo said grinning a toothy smile, before heading out. I took one breath and let it out slowly, trying to stop my beating heart.

"Hey, Jessie, sweetie, will you help me clean up?" Gran called from the kitchen.

"Yeah, just a second," I shouted back. I collected dishes and eating utensils, bringing the to the kitchen.

"You know, his hands are the hands of a real man," Gran said smiling without looking at me. Again, my face turned to the shade of red.

***********************************

A/N: I am REALLY sorry for not updating sooner. Usually I update on my iPad because I have everything already written out, but my iPad recently broke, so I had to start out from scratch and it has been kind of stressful. Anyways, thank you for sticking with me, even though this chapter kind of sucks.

-Jill and Blue

P.S. I recently went to a Sam Smith concert (he is a beautiful human being (yes I know he is gay)) and if you even get the chance to go to a concert of his, take up the offer. Litterally, best concert EVER! Loved it! Just wanted to share my happiness and excitment with you guys. Love you heaps!!