Chapter 19

IT'S SUMMER!
*May contain errors*
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Jessica's POV:
It had almost been two weeks since Justin had moved back. Life was boring now, I didn't have anyone to talk to. About a week before he left, a new guy was hired for the cleaning of stalls and just working around the barn (we needed a new one, due to dad firing Sean, after he was caught with ear-buds in, not doing work) I never got the time to meet the new guy...

I pushed my plate of waffles away from me and shuffled outside. I sat on the steps to my home and reluctantly pulled on my old, worn out boots.

I swung open the barn doors, and flicked on the lights. It was barley 5 'o'clock, and I guess dad didn't need anyone to be at work until 6. No one in the house was up, which didn't surprise me. Dad stayed up all night long watching cattle auctions.

As soon as I flicked on the lights something seemed different, all the horses were already fed.

I walked up and down the stalls and stopped when I came to a familiar face. A gigantic smile swept across my face as I lunged my self at him.

"Blue, is that you?" I rubbed my hand through his mane and I got a soft whinny. As he slowly lifted his head up from his hay, his ears perked. I could hear someone coming up to the barn. I gave Blue one final kiss before I locked the gate closed, checking to see if it would stay locked. As I turned around I was met by a very ripped guy.

"Uh, y-you must be the new station hand," I extended my hand, "I'm Jessica Harrison."
"Of course! Your father has told me about you, I'm Milo," he said as he shook my hand. My Grandma always said that you can tell a lot about a man by his hands, and at this point in time, I agree with her. His hands were very strong and callused, which means he is a hard worked.

"So, how long have you been here? Like not here, working here, but like working here, uh, today?" I mentally slapped myself. What was I thinking?

I relaxed a little when he smiled, and may I add, a gorgeous smile.

"Today, I've been here since 4:30. I usually like to get a start on work pretty early, but I have to be somewhere at 2:00 PM, so I thought if I got my jobs done, you dad would let me leave." Charming and Smart!

"Sounds about right. So, you know the horse in the back-"

"Dang it, he isn't your guys' is he?" Milo put down a tool kit and started towards Blue.

"No, wait! He is mine. He's just been missing for quite sometime. How did you manage to, uh, find him?" I had been thinking this for sometime.

"Oh, it was really easy. I myself grew up on a farm, and was actually in team roping with my older brother, so I guess you could say I know how to toss a rope around," he chuckled. "This horse here was just on the outskirts of your wash, so I grabbed a rope from a saddle I was cleaning and I tossed it over him. Seemed to me like he was used to having a rope on, so I just figured he was yours." He brushed it off like it was no big deal. I wanted to hug that muscular man right then and there, but I didn't, sadly.

"Well thank you very much, I've been looking for him." I smiled and swung my arms behind my back. I turned around and was about to walk out when a hand grabbed my arm.

"Wait, hang on. Do you, uh, want to do something, sometime? I mean, when I'm not working for course," Awe now he was nervous. "Yes, I would love to! I love it here, but sometimes I wished I could go see a movie or go eat at a fancy restraunt, without smelling like a horse." I smiled

"I understand completely! My folks sound a lot like your dad. Haha, by chance does your dad watch horse auctions?" He questioned.

"Auctions, but not horse auctions. I think he is tired of buying things at auctions, but he definantly watches them. Bummer, we would have had everything in common," I exaggerated a sigh, finishing with a laugh.

"He must watch cattle auctions then, why not horse? He seems to love horses," he pushed.

"Well, you see there was an accident about a month ago. That crazy Friesian out there," I pointed outside," almost caused both mine and my dad's life. Mine literal, my dad would have had a heart attack. That horse is worth more than all these horse combined," I gestured to the horses in the barn.

"You mean to tell me,that the horse outside, in the round pen, is nuts?" He smiled.

"Uh, yeah, I wouldn't recommend going out there."

"Well, when I fed it, he seemed fine to me..."

"You've got to be kidding me!" I said with a blank face.

"No, I'm serious! Come on, I'll show you."

We walked outside, the brisk air tickling my arms. It had to be around 5:30, due to the sun poking out behind the wash trees. Together, we walked to the side of the barn where nutty lived. A soon as we got close to the fence, the stallion leaped up and began bucking, and running around in circles. I started to take a couple steps back when Milo gently pushed me towards the barred fence. I slowly grabbed onto the bars, and held on.

"See, he is crazy!" I yelled over the pounding of hooves, and loud whinnies. I looked up, expecting to see Milo, but instead faced nothing. I looked around confused, but it quickly turned to terror. Milo was climbing over the fence!

"What are you doing!" I yelled running over to him. My hands shot up, trying to pull him off the round fence. Miserably, my hands missed, just as he jumped into the pen. My hands shot up to my eyes, not wanting to see what happened next.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A/N:
Honestly, I don't know how many of you actually read the authors note, so I have decided to make this short. Thanks for reading, I'm on break now, so I can write more, and please like and share!
-Jill and Blue
P.S. I don't blame you if you don't read these things... Any books I read on Wattpad I leave out the authors notes...