77. Our Secret Struggle

"Is it done yet?" Donut asked.

"Hold on, it's only been a minute!" Barf Bag said, "these things usually take around a couple of minutes to load!"

"Well, it's not my fault that I'm getting impatient!" Donut added.

"It's not like the result is going to be any different anyways," Barf Bag responded.

The two of them started down at the test, waiting for the result to appear, minutes feeling like an eternity. Once the test finally produced the result, both of them were overcome by disappointment.

"Negative." Barf Bag said sorrowfully. However that sorrow quickly turned into anger, as she grabbed the pregnancy test from the counter, and slammed it onto the ground. "WHY IS IT ALWAYS NEGATIVE!" she screamed, her face turning red with anger.

"Barf Bag, you need to calm down, it's gonna happen one way or another-"

"THAT'S WHAT WE'VE BEEN SAYING FOR MONTHS!" Barf Bag shouted, letting out all her anger.

Donut reached out, gently placing a hand on Barf Bag's shoulder, trying to soothe her. "I know, I know," he said softly, his voice filled with empathy. "But getting upset like this isn't going to help anything. We just need to keep trying and stay positive."

"Like we haven't done that already, Donut!" Barf Bag exclaimed angrily, "It's not fair, Donut."

Donut tilted his head, "And what exactly do you mean by that?"

"Coiny, Pin, and Needle didn't even try. All it took was one intense night a month before their wedding and poof! They're having a baby!" Barf Bags voice filled with rage, "They don't even think about baby number two before another incense night and poof! Another one!"

"I know, I know," Donut said, trying to calm her down.

Barf Bag still wasn't done letting it out, "then when we're finally ready for a baby of our own, that we've been talking about since BEFORE we even got married, guess what? NO BABY!"

Donut sighed, his heart heavy with the weight of Barf Bag's words. He knew she was hurting, and he felt powerless to ease her pain. "I understand, Barf Bag," he said gently, his voice tinged with sadness. "It's hard not to compare ourselves to others, especially when it feels like everyone else has what we want."

Barf Bag nodded, her anger slowly giving way to a sense of resignation. "I just... I just don't understand why it's so easy for them and so hard for us," she admitted, her voice trembling with emotion.

Donut wrapped and arm around her. The two of them have wanted a baby for as long as they could remember. They always fantasized the day where they would get to play with children of their own. Getting to watch Thread, Bladey, and Dimey all grow up in front of their eyes reassured them of their desires for them to be the mother and father of a little one themselves.

As Donut held Barf Bag close, he could feel her trembling with emotion, her pain palpable in the air between them. He wished there was something more he could do to ease her suffering, but he knew that sometimes, all they could do was be there for each other.

"I know it's hard, sweetheart," he murmured, pressing a gentle kiss to the top of her head. "But we can't lose hope. We'll get through this together, I promise."

Barf Bag leaned into his embrace, finding comfort in his words. "I just don't know how much longer I can keep doing this, Donut," she whispered, her voice breaking with emotion. "It feels like we've been trying forever, and... and nothing's working."

Donut took a deep breath, "Then we'll keep trying. One way another, we're gonna have a child of our own. How a child will come to be ours is yet to be seen...but it's gonna happen, I can promise that."

Barf Bags tears started to dry up, finding comfort in her husband's voice, "it's just hard not having anyone else to talk to about it."

Donut understood why Barf Bag felt isolated in their struggle. With Thread's condition demanding so much of their attention and emotional energy, it often felt like they were shouldering their burden alone, unable to share their pain with others.

"I know, Barf Bag," Donut said softly, his voice filled with understanding. "It's hard when it feels like we're carrying this weight all by ourselves. But we have each other, and that's what matters most."

As the two of them started to calm down form the whole ordeal, they heard a soft knock on their door.

"Come in," Barf Bag called out, collecting herself in the process.

Pin cracked open the door slowly, "Dinner is ready you two! Don't forget that you're feeding Bladey tonight; Saw and Gaty are at their teachers meeting at the preschool tonight."

"We'll be down in a few, Pin," Donut said, as Pin closed the door to their room.

Donut and Barf Bag stared at each other for a second, smiling at eachother.

"Looks like we have a child who needs their Auntie and Uncle in the meantime," Barf Bag stated, trying to find a positive outlook despite the struggle.

With a shared smile, Donut and Barf Bag rose from their seats, leaving their worries behind for the moment as they headed downstairs to join their niece for dinner. Despite the weight of their own struggles, they knew that the Team8s children counted on them, and they were determined not to let her down.

.............................................................

This one is for all of you guys that have been waiting for the Barf Bag x Donut child. Don't you worry, I have not forgotten about it, but...we might need to wait a little bit. Hopefully it's all worth it for these two! Hope you enjoyed this chapter, and i'll see you in the next one!

- Sunny