72. It's All My Fault

After about a week of Thread being in the hospital, the throuple spent their very first night together at home, leaving their daughter at the care of the hospital. It was very hard for them to leave their daughter alone at the hospital, but they knew they had to adjust to this new lifestyle. Thankfully, Having Barf Bag at the hospital during the day helped a lot, since she was able to check in on Thread whenever she got a chance, but that didn't fill the emptiness the throuple had in their hearts.

Dimey had been keeping the throuple on their toes for a lot of the time, between feedings, diaper changes, and whatever else a newborn would need.

"I forgot how time consuming newborns are," Pin stated, as she was trying to feed Dimey a bottle.

"I don't know how we're gonna do this," Coiny said. "It was hard enough taking care of Thread when she was the only child in the house. Now we have her in the hospital for who knows how long, plus there's Bladey who's going to be occupying everyone else's time even more!"

Pin sighed, her exhaustion evident as she cradled Dimey in her arms. "I know, but we'll figure it out. We always do," she reassured, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

Coiny nodded, though the weight of their new reality pressed heavily on his shoulders. "Yeah, you're right. We just need to take it one day at a time," he replied, trying to muster a sense of optimism.

Meanwhile, Needle busied herself with organizing Dimey's belongings, her mind swirling with worry for Thread and the daunting challenges ahead. "I just wish there was more we could do for Thread," she murmured, her voice trembling with emotion.

Pin nodded, trying to hold back tears, offered a comforting smile. "We're doing everything we can, Needle. And Thread knows that," she said gently, placing a comforting hand on Needle's shoulder.

It didn't take long before Dimey was done with his bottle, and then started to cry.

"Oh my pin factory what now, Dimey," Pin said, clearly distressed.

Needle reached out to grab the baby from Pin, "he probably needs a diaper change," she said. Pin handed Needle Dimey, before taking him upstairs to his changing table.

"You must think I'm a terrible mother, don't you Dimey," Needle said, trying to vent out her emotions to her newborn son.

Dimey couldn't care less, and did his little newborn babbles as he continued to get his diaper changed.

As Needle changed Dimey's diaper, she couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by a wave of emotions. "I just want to make everything okay for you and your sister, Dimey," she whispered, her voice choked with tears. "I want to protect you both from all the pain and hardship in the world. But...I let my emotions get the best of me when trying to talk it out with your other mommy and daddy. Now you're sister is going to be in the hospital for who knows how long and it's all me fault"

Dimey cooed softly in response, his innocent gaze meeting Needle's with a sense of understanding that only a newborn could possess. In that moment, Needle found a glimmer of solace in the simple act of caring for her son, a reminder that amidst the chaos, there was still love and hope to hold onto.

Downstairs, Pin and Coiny exchanged worried glances as they listened to Dimey's cries from the nursery. "I hope everything's okay up there," Pin murmured, her heart heavy with concern.

Coiny nodded, his own anxiety mirroring Pin's. "I'll go check on them," he said, rising from his seat and making his way upstairs to join Needle and Dimey.

As he entered the nursery, Coiny found Needle cradling Dimey in her arms, her eyes red-rimmed from crying. "Is everything alright?" he asked softly, his voice filled with concern.

Needle looked up, her expression a mixture of exhaustion and sadness. "Yeah, everything's fine," she replied, forcing a smile despite the turmoil raging inside her. "Just a little overwhelmed, that's all."

Coiny nodded in understanding, moving closer to wrap an arm around Needle's shoulders. "We're in this together, Needle," he said, his voice gentle yet resolute. "No matter what happens, we'll face it as a family."

That's when Needle broke. Her emotions got the best of her once again, tears dripping down her face as she started to cry. "I'm such a terrible mother," Needle said.

"That's not true," Pin said.

"You don't understand," Needle said. "It's all MY fault that Thread is in the hospital, and she's probably never going to walk again. I took away my daughter's entire life. If I never had let my anger get the best of me at the trampoline park, none of this would have happened.

Pin and Coiny exchanged a glance, their hearts breaking for Needle as she poured out her anguish. "Needle, listen to me," Coiny said gently, his voice filled with empathy. "None of this is your fault. Accidents happen, and we can't blame ourselves for things that are out of our control."

Pin nodded in agreement, her eyes brimming with tears as she reached out to hold Needle's hand. "We're all going through this together, Needle," she said softly. "We'll support each other and get through this as a family."

But Needle couldn't shake the weight of guilt that consumed her. "I should have been more careful," she whispered, her voice choked with emotion. "I should have protected Thread."

Coiny pulled Needle into a comforting embrace, holding her close as she wept. "You're a wonderful mother, Needle," he murmured, his voice filled with love and reassurance. "You've always done your best for our children, and that's all we can ask for."

Pin joined them, wrapping her arms around Needle and Coiny as they huddled together in a moment of shared sorrow. "We'll get through this, Needle," she said, her voice steady despite the tears that streamed down her cheeks. "Together."

As they held each other close, a sense of unity and strength washed over them, reminding them that they were not alone in their struggles. Despite the challenges they faced, they would face them together, drawing strength from each other and the love that bound them as a family.

And as they stood there, embracing each other in the quiet of the nursery, they found solace in the knowledge that no matter what trials lay ahead, they would face them together, united in their love for each other and their children.

...........................................

I have returned! I'm so glad I took the week to put some time into these next few chapters, I have a much better idea of what this next batch of chapters is going to look like! There is a lot in store for you guys, so stay tuned, and I'll see you in the next chapter!

- Sunny