50. Race Training Blues

As summer progressed, an event that Needle knew was on the horizon was the Goiky half Marathon.

Needle often ran this half marathon. Everyone who knew Needle knew that she loved to run, and it especially helped her throughout her time competing in throughout the corse of BFDI.

She knew she needed to start training, as the race was only two months away. She went to the gym and decided that she needed to get back into her racing shape.

"Alrighty," ​Needle thought to herself as she stepped onto the treadmill, her determination igniting within her. She set the speed and incline, ready to push herself to her limits. But as she started running, she couldn't shake off the feeling of unease that had been lingering in her mind.

The familiar rhythm of her footsteps echoed in the gym, but it felt different this time. Needle couldn't ignore the voice of doubt whispering in her ear, reminding her of all the changes in her life and how they might affect her performance in the race.

With each mile she ran, Needle found herself struggling to keep up the pace. Her legs felt heavy, her breaths labored. It was as if her body was rebelling against her, refusing to cooperate no matter how hard she pushed herself.

Frustration boiled within Needle as she slowed down the treadmill, her heart sinking with disappointment. She knew she needed to confront these feelings before they consumed her.

Leaving the gym, Needle walked back home, her mind racing with conflicting thoughts. She knew she had to find a way to overcome this mental barrier if she wanted to have any chance of succeeding in the race.

As she entered the Team8s house, Needle found herself surrounded by the comforting presence of her friends. Coiny and Pin glanced at her with concern, sensing that something was amiss.

"What's up Needle," Coiny asked, "you always love training for this race, what seems to be the issue this time."

Needle sighed heavily, sinking into the nearest chair. "I just... I don't know, Coiny. I used to be so good at this. Running was MY thing, you know? But now... now I feel like I'm struggling to keep up. I barely made it through a few miles today, and the race is in two months. What if I'm not ready?"

Pin knelt beside Needle, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Hey, it's okay to feel like this. You've been through a lot of changes lately, and it's natural for your priorities to shift. But that doesn't mean you can't still enjoy running and participate in the race."

"You don't understand, guys," Needle said, "it's not about just doing the race to do the race, I want to win, I've wanted to win this race for years, but I never have. I mind as well just give up now." Needle was a very competitive gal, but sometimes, it affected her mentally.

Coiny exchanged a concerned glance with Pin, understanding the weight of Needle's words. He reached out to gently squeeze her hand, offering reassurance. "Hey, Needle, you're one of the strongest and most determined people I know. Don't sell yourself short. Remember when you bolted up our stack of blocks in TPOT? None of us could have even come close to that! We would have lost the challenge that day if it weren't for you!"

Pin nodded in agreement, her voice gentle yet firm. "Exactly, Needle. You've shown time and time again that you have the strength and determination to overcome any challenge that comes your way. This race is just another opportunity for you to prove that to yourself."

Tears welled up in Needle's eyes as she looked at her friends, feeling their unwavering support wash over her like a comforting embrace. "Thank you, guys. I needed to hear that."

Coiny smiled proudly, his heart swelling with admiration for his friend's resilience. "That's the spirit, Needle. We believe in you."

Right as they finished talking, Thread waltzed into the living room, a look of concern etched across her face.

"I took a poo poo!"

Needle giggled, "speaking of changes."

"We need to get you potty trained soon sweet girl, that way we don't have to change your diapers anymore," Pin exclaimed.

"I'll go change her," Coiny volunteered.

As Coiny left to attend to Thread, Needle's mind continued to wrestle with her doubts. She knew that her friends believed in her, but the fear of failure still lingered in the back of her mind like a stubborn shadow.

Pin remained by Needle's side, offering a reassuring smile. "You've got this, Needle. Just take it one step at a time and don't let the pressure get to you."

..........................................

Short chapter, I know, but I hope you enjoyed it regardless. Also TPOT 10 was a very pleasant surprise this morning! Already got some more ideas for future chapters from it to. Anyway, see you in the next chapter!

- Sunny