011.

‧˚₊•┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈•‧₊˚⊹

‧˚₊•┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈•‧₊˚⊹

| "my mother had great aspirations for me to be a glorious ruler but yet here I am sat before you close to death after a few steps" the young man laughed to himself as he stared at the floor in front of him. The two had sat beside one another, quietly, trying to adjust to this new change with one another silently. They were so similar in a sense, their blood fused with consistent trauma. Their souls were naive, impressionable — ones that had been pushed to power because of selfishness and greed. Myanna had kept her head down but slowly looked up at him as he finally spoke up again, he had managed to catch up with his breathing.

"no one's glory is permanent my king, it is a temporary state that one endures. Your glory has either passed or yet to come" Myanna nodded the more she talked, trying to memorise what her father had been taught by his predecessors.

Aegon smiled, his face lifted.

"you are very wise, my lady" Aegon finally turned and looked at her, which allowed Myanna to see him much clearly. The beauty of his was still there but it had been layered with exhaustion. The pale skin of his that had always been complimented and admired had been bruised, particularly under his eyes — he did not sleep.

"you should go and rest my king" she whispered suddenly as she could see that he noticed her stare, causing him to lower his head again.

"sleep does not come to me anymore" he sighed tragically — it seemed nothing comforting came to him at all.

Myanna watched him swallow, making him look more sickly and vulnerable. As a little girl, Myanna used to watch the many nights when her father would fall asleep on his chair, his neck tightening due to the uncomfortable position it would rest at for several hours of the day. But she would also see the many nights her mother was silently tasked to put him to sleep like he was her third child. The youngest daughter tried to convince herself it was done out of love but she saw and heard the many times her mother would sigh and rub her forehead in frustration.

The similar fate of Lady Alysanna Starkley was passed to her youngest daughter.

It angered Myanna that she had to sit here before him, reassure and bring comfort when she was lacking it. How could she give him something she did not have anymore?

Watching him, she did not know how to feel.

But she decided to bury it all, try and gain his trust.

"would you like me to tell you a story?" she spoke up again, a sudden burst of emotion in her tone made the king look up as if she had gone mad. Stories were usually told for little babes.

"a story?"

"yes, my mother used to tell me stories as a little girl — they put me to sleep much quicker than any herb or brew" she smiled as she remembered all the nights when her mother allowed her youngest daughter to rest on her lap, curling Myanna's hair against her slender fingers. Aegon did not answer, possibly from embarrassment but his silence was the answer that she needed. Gently, she sat towards the end of the bed, flattening out her gown and tapping her lap — indicating for him to rest his head.